Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too Late for Fall Colors?

Real Name
    Sam

Too Late for Fall Colors?

I know I'm a little late with these. Colors here peaked Oct 24th. The trees are seen from my back yard. The whitetail and I met unexpectedly on a hike in the nearby Blue Ridge Mtns. Growing up I use to hunt them. Now getting photos like this is just as exciting. Thanks for viewing.

Last edited by Sam W; 25th November 2015 at 11:03 AM.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Too Late for Fall Colors?

If you display the images with space between them, you'll likely get more helpful responses. Imagine walking into a home, office or museum and seeing three images with no relationship to each other printed and hanging on the wall as you have displayed them here. You would surely have a difficult time viewing them.

Using the Lytebox solves that issue, but not everyone uses it. In my case, I don't bother viewing any images in the Lytebox until I have first decided for whatever reason that the images are worth taking the time to using the Lytebox. I may not be the only person who thinks that way.

Real Name
    Gordon

I really like the photos Sam especially one of the White Tail. I am envious of you having these creatures outside your back yard. There again we have Kangaroos. Not having a space between the images doesn't worry me a great deal either and in my opinion it doesn't detract from the photo. Great Photos keep on trying.

Real Name
    Jim

Sorry Sam the deadline for fall shots was 11/23/15.

Nice captures.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I sure do wish I had thought of writing that!

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Me, too Mike... There are a few smarts around here who are naturals at that kind of one liners..

Anyway, I find the first shot needed a big of ooommmppphhh. I don't know why...the second one is more to my liking...I like that kind of shot..and the Bambi is cute though they are a pest around here too...they eat my roses in the front yard so I think I will have to dig those three out and put them in my backyard. The boys will thank me this is not our yard or I will have the them blow those leaves out...

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Sam,

I'm one that prefers a gap between the images and numbered if there are 3 or more

With regard to Izzie's suggestion of them needing a bit more ooommmppphhh, one way to achieve that is use a technique called Local Contrast Enhancement (LCE).

That said, these days, similar results can be achieved in LR or ACR (in PS) by use of Clarity and perhaps Vibrance sliders. If you are using one of those editors, I wonder what Dehaze would do with #1.

HTH, Dave

Real Name
    Ole

I prefer #1, the other two pics are very nice but we have seen them before. I agree with Dave's suggestion, Dehaze and perhaps Clarity. That is only my opinion.
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Sam

Thanks Mike - good to know. Best regards -Sam

Real Name
    Sam

That's funny

Real Name
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Nice captures.
    That's funny

Real Name
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    I sure do wish I had thought of writing that!
    Yep, my first laugh today!

Real Name
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Me, too Mike... There are a few smarts around here who are naturals at that kind of one liners..

Anyway, I find the first shot needed a big of ooommmppphhh. I don't know why...the second one is more to my liking...I like that kind of shot..and the Bambi is cute though they are a pest around here too...they eat my roses in the front yard so I think I will have to dig those three out and put them in my backyard. The boys will thank me this is not our yard or I will have the them blow those leaves out...
    Izzie - I agree with the lack of ooommmppphhh. So I gave it a little in the update below... Not sure how that happened...maybe due to working B&W for along time prior.

We tried roses this year but had to replace them with something less tasty to dear. Anyway, thanks for your comments, I'll be sure to check the vibrancy in future postings.

Real Name
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by mugge View Post
    I prefer #1, the other two pics are very nice but we have seen them before. I agree with Dave's suggestion, Dehaze and perhaps Clarity. That is only my opinion.
    Cheers Ole
    Thanks Ole - That buck must get around. I agree with your comments. Best regards - Sam

Real Name
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Sam,

I'm one that prefers a gap between the images and numbered if there are 3 or more

With regard to Izzie's suggestion of them needing a bit more ooommmppphhh, one way to achieve that is use a technique called Local Contrast Enhancement (LCE).

That said, these days, similar results can be achieved in LR or ACR (in PS) by use of Clarity and perhaps Vibrance sliders. If you are using one of those editors, I wonder what Dehaze would do with #1.

HTH, Dave
    Hi Dave - At the moment I'm using LR. I applied a little vibrancy and clarity to the update in the reply to Izzie. I appreciate your comments as always. Best regards - Sam

Real Name
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Ossyphoto View Post
    I really like the photos Sam especially one of the White Tail. I am envious of you having these creatures outside your back yard. There again we have Kangaroos. Not having a space between the images doesn't worry me a great deal either and in my opinion it doesn't detract from the photo. Great Photos keep on trying.
    Hi Gordon - Actually around here, at least near my house, it is rare to see a buck like this. This photo was deep in the woods about 20 miles away. It would pretty wild to wake up one day and see Kangaroos outside. I'd like to see that. Thanks for your comments and encouragement. Best regards - Sam

What version of Lightroom are you using? (I'm asking relative to Dave's suggestion about the Dehaze tool.)

Real Name
    John

Nice series.

Real Name
    Matt

That first image is awesome, love it.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Very lovely colours...