Helpful Posts: 0
31st October 2008, 05:55 PM
DSLR for basic?
i would like to know what type of dslr should i get for a basic photographer. and what type of features should i look for?
My theme is more on landscape, documentary and portraiture.
Last edited by McQ; 9th November 2008 at 09:16 PM.
8th November 2008, 04:51 PM
Re: DSLR for basic?
A familiar question. The best advice I can give is:
- Decide on a budget for camera and lenses
- Get the best lenses you can afford as you'll have them longer than the camera body
- Don't be seduced by brand name or advertising
- Go for a camera that fits your hands and you can find all the controls in the dark or wearing gloves
- Buy a tripod - it will slow you down, make you think about what you're doing and give you the best chance of getting sharp photos
Then read and learn as much as you can about how your camera works and how to get the best out of it - and practice....!