Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A pleasant surprise

Thornhill, a suburb of Toronto, Ontario Canada
    Real Name
    Robert

A pleasant surprise

I recently re-connected with an old, dear photobud who I'd not seen in a few years, and she and I arranged to meet yesterday to catch up, and spend a few hours shooting.
    She casually mentioned that she had some film in the freezer, and because she no longer had any intention to use it, that she'd bring it for me.
    We spent about five hours together and had an excellent time.
    When I got home, I went through what she had given me, and bagged it to store in my freezer.
    In total I got about 150 36-shot rolls of Fuji 50 colour slide, another 20-odd rolls of Fuji 100 colour slide and another 30-odd rolls of various odds and ends of colour print, black and white print and even a roll or two of Kodachrome.
    Great morning in every way.

Real Name
    Steaphany

Re: A pleasant surprise

Good to know I'm not alone here

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by RBSinTo View Post
    Great morning in every way.
    It'll be tough to top that morning!

Real Name
    Barry Doig

I remember Kodachrome, and I'm glad you found some. Kodachrome and I were born in the same year (now you know how old I am). I fell in love with her when I was 15 but couldn't afford to marry her until 5 years later. Our relationship blossomed and I stayed with her for the next 40 years except for a brief affair with her sister Ekta which soon ended. Finally my dear Kodachrome became too expensive to maintain and I retired her and switched to digital. But I still have her tucked away and occasionally I scan her and relive those memories especially of our holiday in Britain in 1981 where she performed so well and has not faded with time. Viva la Kodachrome. Barry from New Zealand