Thread: Google/Nik Silver Efex Pro with LR CC & Windows 10

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Google/Nik Silver Efex Pro with LR CC & Windows 10

I just now unsuccessfully tried to install the Silver Efex Pro 2 plug-in to LR CC. So, I reviewed the website and, much to my surprise, it indicates that the plug-in does not support Windows 10, LR 6 or LR CC. (The website also indicates that Photoshop CC 2015 is not supported, but that's not my immediate concern.) I assume they're not supported because none of those products are listed among the programs that are supported.

I had no issues installing the plug-in to Lightroom 5 with Windows 7. If you have successfully installed Silver Efex Pro 2 as a plug-in to Lightroom CC using Windows 10, please let me know perhaps what I should try.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Google/Nik Silver Efex Pro with LR CC & Windows 10

Mike, when adobe did the last update for photoshop cc some people were having issues with Nik not being supported. I contacted Nik and they sent me the key (???) so that it would work. They were very quick in their reply when I e-mailed them. What they sent me worked Hope this is at least a little bit of help

Real Name
    Dan

I have installed it with Lightroom CC, but with Windows 7. I certainly hope this is temporary. That is the only Nik software I use often.

Thanks, Rita. I'll contact Nik and report back to the thread.

Definitely my error and possibly on two fronts.

After reviewing Nik's tutorial on how to install it, I realized that I used the wrong process. (It has been a long time since I had installed it and completely forgot the process to be used.) After using the correct process, it installed just fine.

Indeed, it might have already been installed and working fine. It has been so long since I have used the program that I looked in the wrong LR dropdown menu after re-installing the Nik Collection. Once I found Silve Efex located in a different menu, it occurred to me that it might have been there all along.

Having said that, we still don't know if LR CC or Windows 10 are officially supported. Even though they are not listed in the product's specification requirements, that could be simply a matter of the information not having been updated. As an example, after upgrading to Windows 10 this weekend, I came across another product (Spyder5Express) that indicated official support of Windows 10 on one web page and excluded it on another page.
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 26th October 2015 at 02:27 PM.

Real Name
    Bob

I have Windows 10 installed and the NIK plug-ins, including Silver Efex Pro, have work without any problems.

10 has been installed for over 2 months. I'm using CS5 as the host.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Real Name
    Grant

I installed NIK plugins under the current version of Lightroom CC and Photoshop and with OS Windows 10, about 2 months ago. No problems whatsoever. I use Silver Efex pro 2 on a daily basis and have never had a crash or any other issues.
    Grant

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi Mike I use PS CC 2015 and I'm able to use the Nik Software with it. The only point is that when you install the plug-ins you have to choose the PS CC 2015 by browsing , although the other versions of PS come in front of you in a window automatically to choose. I'm writing this without reading the other comments in this thread as some members might benefit although it is not the main subject of this thread.

PS. BTW I have Windows 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    (The website also indicates that Photoshop CC 2015 is not supported, but that's not my immediate concern.)