Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Signature?

Signature?

Can anyone advise how to create a signature in the forum please?

Oops, wrong forum - sorry.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Signature?

You mean you're not meant to be in CiC?

If you mean, instead, that you've posted this in the wrong part of the forum, then don't worry about it.

First thing - You must have made (I think) 10 posts to the forum (or is it 5) before you're allowed to insert a signature. Since you've made 5, try it. If it doesn't work, make another 5 posts to get it up to 10. So ...............

At the top right of any CiC page, there is a Settings link, click on it.

Now look on the left hand side for "My Settings", within that "My profile" and within that; an Edit Signature link.

In fact you may be able to see these on left while reading this Private Message reply. BUT I recommend you right click the Edit Signature link and open it in another browser tab, so you can switch back to this tab to continue reading

The Edit Signature link will give you a text box to enter some text that will form your signature.
    There are Preview Signature and Save Signature buttons beneath the text box on right, you must obviously Save it before moving on.

Now give it a try by replying or posting a new thread - good luck.

If it didn't work, read on ...

Unfortunately there are a couple of "gotcha's" that have been known to cause problems for members in the past.
    1) On left, in "My Account" there is a General Settings link, click that and in the page that opens, scroll down and ensure that in the "Thread Display Options" section, that Show Signatures is checked (it probably will be if you can see other peoples signatures). If you did need to Check it, don't forget to scroll down and click Save Changes button at bottom right of page.
    2. When you Reply to any Post, or Create any Post or thread, there is an unassuming little checkbox called "Show Signature", if this is not ticked, guess what, no-one sees your signature.
    Unfortunately it appears in different places depending upon what you are doing (although it is close by bottom of the text area for posts);
    it is way over on the left hand side for a simple Reply
    it is in the "Miscellaneous options" for Go Advanced Replies and new threads
    it is in the "Miscellaneous Options" for Private Messages also

I think once ticked it one place, it defaults on everywhere, but if you get problems with it not displaying, check out those pesky check boxes.

Re: Signature?

Thanks for your reply.

I meant the wrong section of this forum to ask questions.

The wording "signature" appears nowhere, so as my post count is under 10, I must be on the naughty step.