Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: walk alone - B&W pic

walk alone - B&W pic

Here's another one from my B&W pics. Looking forward for some reviews again. I sure hope I am not doing something wrong here 'cause I don't see other activities the last day
    walk alone - B&W pic
    Cheers!
    Last edited by elkordel; 30th June 2010 at 06:47 PM.

Re: walk alone - B&W pic

You are doing nothing wrong at all. On the contrary, I love the aspect, the subject and the 'film' grain. The pidgeon is even on the opposite step to the humbing. Very nice work. Just one small gripe before I get all car salesman on you...although it is not quite the done thing to lop limbs off part way along their length I think the composition may be strengthened if you cropped a bit of the top edge to give a true third between the top of the path and the rest of the image.

Steve

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Elias,

I like the idea of the shot, but (assuming this is also you), I think I would have left the jacket behind the camera, as I'm not sure it adds anything, but I'm really unsure on that as this kind of thing is well outside my normal style (not that I have one).

I think I would try a square crop from top right corner - a bit like this (I hope you don't mind)
    walk alone - B&W pic

btw, I am no expert on ICC profiles, but when I opened this in Elements, it gave me a warning about an invalid profile, not sure why, never had it before.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

This is another strong image with things happening in it that beg questions. I think Dave's crop does make it somewhat stronger though. Love the grain!

I agree with Dave as well. (Steve also mentioned some cropping) The square crop does give a better perspective on the image. "Unfortunately" this is not me, just a pedestrian walking by so the jacket would be in the shot. Personally I believe it adds some detail in the final image. Thanks a lot for your reviews again. So far I figured out that I lack some composing skills in terms of framing (or croping) my subjects.

Cheers!

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

The jacket is good - gives more of a sense of movement than there might have been without it.