Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Oporto: Soccer national pride, the old quarter and.... the open air laundry :)

Real Name
    Rui Lopes

Oporto: Soccer national pride, the old quarter and.... the open air laundry :)

Description of the picture: the flag because of the current soccer championship (...), the oldest homes, by the river, one of the several existing churches on the top and.... the very typical open" air" laundry of the place. Taken last weekend:
    Oporto: Soccer national pride, the old quarter and.... the open air laundry  :)

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Oporto: Soccer national pride, the old quarter and.... the open air laundry :)

Rui

Just keep these wonderful images coming. They continue to help me look forward to the few wonderful days I know I am going to have in your city at the beginning of September.

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Oporto: Soccer national pride, the old quarter and.... the open air laundry :)

Another nice one. We haven't got a football team and I've been lying low during the competition because I knew they was going to lose. I'm afraid Argentina is going to win unless Robinhio finds some form.

I forgot you got that bloke Ronaldo

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Gosh I like this. I like this a lot.

Real Name
    Rui Lopes

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Rui

Just keep these wonderful images coming. They continue to help me look forward to the few wonderful days I know I am going to have in your city at the beginning of September.
    Thanks, Donald. You may see more from here either at my PBase or Smugmug galleries. Anyway, I intend to post some recent Oporto stuff within the next days.

Real Name
    Rui Lopes

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    Another nice one. We haven't got a football team and I've been lying low during the competition because I knew they was going to lose. I'm afraid Argentina is going to win unless Robinhio finds some form.

I forgot you got that bloke Ronaldo
    As you may know by now, even Ronaldo didn´t help much....
    Thanks for your comment

Real Name
    Rui Lopes

Quote Originally Posted by Klickit View Post
    Gosh I like this. I like this a lot.
    Thank you!

Very good, Rui. You could almost have made a shot of just the washing.

Real Name
    Rui Lopes

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    I will some day!

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Nah; there is washing all the way up and it is partly that which makes this a special picture, I could take a pic of washing in my back yard and say it is Oporto, it is the landscape that makes it special though.

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Nah; there is washing all the way up and it is partly that which makes this a special picture, I could take a pic of washing in my back yard and say it is Oporto, it is the landscape that makes it special though.
    Exactly!!

Real Name
    Kay

I enjoyed looking to the most further away buildings & trying catch a glimpse of the washing there - it has me enthralled for a long time.

Real Name
    Rui Lopes

right..

Real Name
    Rui Lopes

Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    I enjoyed looking to the most further away buildings & trying catch a glimpse of the washing there - it has me enthralled for a long time.
    I can count at least 5 more buildings above the one with the flag, showing some washing. I´ve got some pictures of the same place showing buildings with much more stuff though...