Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Panasonic Travel Camera's

Real Name
    Ron

Panasonic Travel Camera's

Long time since I have posted ... but I am still here
    Been busy with learning and producing videos but just recently I also got myself a new 'toy' to take on travels, Panasonic TZ70 super zoom. Very small sensor but produces quite acceptable pics for 10x15cm prints that my lady uses to make albums.

Question: Any member have experiences to share about Panasonic travel camera's. This particular version also includes RAW.

Re: Panasonic Travel Camera's

My experience is limited but not positive.
    After years with Fujifilm F-series compact zooms, when the last one got a mark on the lens I couldn't get another one. I'd heard good things about Panasonic so went for a TZ55. I'm very disappointed with the pictures I get from it - they're just nowhere near as clear as the ones I got with my Finepix. I'm not sure whether this is down to the optics or the sensor, but I have a feeling that Fujifilm's in-camera processing is also better.

One thing it has that the Finepix didn't is in-camera HDR. I've seen great results from this on other cameras but my panasonic ones always look over exposed.

Real Name
    Ron

Thanks Rachel for your comment.
    So far so good with my TZ70; I am not expecting to get DSLR quality but its so convenient for travel and I love the extremely long zoom capability and RAW possibilities. Most of the 'expert' reviews I have read seem to give it a tick ... I was hankering for a Sony RX100 IV but the cost ...
    Once I get a bit used to it I might post the odd pic for comment.

Cheers Ron

I may be too demanding and spoiled by the finepix. It allowed me to take pretty good clear photos of the moon which the Lumix doesn't. Maybe even if it was perfect in every other way, that one thing would put me off it.

Real Name
    Ron

I hope that you managed to shoot the 'large red moon' we have just had and its eclipse ... will look for your post