Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The best lens for 50D

Real Name
    Adrian K

The best lens for 50D

I'm about to buy a new canon eos 50D and i need a little help on what lens should i chose.I'm thinking about 18-200mm(for the walking,travel) or 17-55mm(portraits,low light places but also for landscapes) I'm a landscape stock artist but i would like in the near future to be also a wedding,model photographer.Any sugestion would be very appreciated.Thank you.

Real Name
    2 penny for the guess..

Re: The best lens for 50D

Hi Adrian,

for lendscape I may suggest you a Canon 50mm f/1.8 II. Based on how much money you want to spend, Canon 35mm f/2.0 is quite "dedicated" for portrets.
    As zoom, well, this one is not the cheapest, but is one of the best, Tamron AF SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO. It's all about your budget.

I'm not touching that part with weddings, but check on forum, for sure you cand find usefull informations ( starting with "You need to have 1 backup camera.." ).

Leo
    PS: Maybe a second hand 40D and better lenses instead 50D ?

Real Name
    2 penny for the guess..

I've found the thread ..
    What shall I do? Canon (50D, 7D vs Nikon D90)?

Leo

Real Name
    Steve

Look at this:

http://www.photozone.de/canon-eos/48...750_28vc_canon

Don't follow the ads, the best price is at £359 in the UK but might be different in Romania.

Then this:

http://www.photozone.de/canon-eos/44..._70200_4is_50d

Of course second hand might be good.

http://www.mpbphotographic.co.uk/use...on-fit-lenses/

But again things might be cheaper in Romania.

Real Name
    Adrian K

Thank you for the advices guys.I realized that lenses are more important than the body long time ago but here in romania the prices are quite bigger than other countries so maybe i'll just wait the prices go down for the 50d after the launch of the new 60d.
    also i'm thinking about what leoleo said about getting a cheaper body and a better lens for my budget that is about 1200 euro(maybe 1500 soon)
    I'll let you know what i've chose after buying them

Adrian, the 50D is demanding of glass. I haven't used it, but the 17-55 gets alot of good press. I was never impressed with its build and went with the 24-70L, but it may not be wide enough for your uses. The 70-200f4L IS is another lens that performs spectacularly. It provides amazing sharpness on the 50D body. You may want to consider it as well. Either way, I hope you find the perfect combo for your uses.