Thread: Chubman

Real Name
    Ray Baxter

Chubman

Hi All new member here, I am looking to buy a Nikon D810 can anyone tell me what the buffer is like?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Chubman

Hello and welcome to the forum.

So that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper name is, because most us use that on here, you can go to Edit Profile (under 'Forum Actions' on the Menu Bar), or you can just press on 'Settings' on the menu bar right up at the top right of the window. Once there you can enter the name by which you wish to be addressed under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

As to your question, I'm not a Nikon owner. However, just a quick search online throws up comments such as:-

"One big question that interests many wildlife and sports shooters is the buffer size of the camera. With a mediocre continuous shooting speed of 5 FPS, the D810 is no D4s. But what is usually bad is not the speed of the camera, but its buffer that tends to get full too quick. That’s why many are still hoping that there will be a Nikon D400 or a D9000 with a DX sensor, because the Nikon D7100’s buffer is too small for professional use. Some mirrorless cameras often advertise insane FPS stats like 10 FPS, but if that only lasts one second, then how good is it for real use?

Although the D800 and the D800E last longer in DX mode than the Nikon D700, their buffers are just not suited for continuous shooting. After doing a bit of research earlier today, I found out that Nikon actually doubled the buffer size on the D810, which is great news for those that are considering the camera for action photography."

Real Name
    Ray Baxter

Re: Chubman

Thank you Donald for put me right, bit new to all this.
    Read your comment about D810 thanks for your help.