Thread: Still a little off on the shutter speed for a flying butterfly but a pretty shot.

Real Name
    Brian

Still a little off on the shutter speed for a flying butterfly but a pretty shot.

Still a little off on the shutter speed for a flying butterfly but a pretty shot.

Real Name
    Matt

Re: Still a little off on the shutter speed for a flying butterfly but a pretty shot.

Well captured Brian, I kind of like the little bit of movement in the far wing.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Still a little off on the shutter speed for a flying butterfly but a pretty shot.

Imagine if that was made into a jigsaw. It would drive people crazy!

That's the classic example of an image that doesn't work for someone, like me, with a red/green colour blindness problem. I can see the butterfly and I can see the flowerhead, but as I see them they will be be nowhere near as vivid and and standing out from the surrounding foliage as they will be to those of you not affected by colour blindness.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Well captured Brian, I kind of like the little bit of movement in the far wing.
    I might have been closer with the shutter speed than I thought.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Imagine if that was made into a jigsaw. It would drive people crazy!

That's the classic example of an image that doesn't work for someone, like me, with a red/green colour blindness problem. I can see the butterfly and I can see the flowerhead, but as I see them they will be be nowhere near as vivid and and standing out from the surrounding foliage as they will be to those of you not affected by colour blindness.
    Does this explain your preference for Black and White photography? Have you ever tried the Purple Monster jig saw?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by JBW View Post
    Does this explain your preference for Black and White photography?
    In part. I have always speculated that it probably is a factor. Having said that, there are people with colour blindness (and it is something that comes in infinite degrees) out there who are making excellent colour pictures.

Real Name
    John

Very nice.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Very nice.