Thread: My first attempt of multiple exposures. Please critique

Real Name
    Dragomir Nikolov

My first attempt of multiple exposures. Please critique

Hi guys,
    I am new here. My name is Dragomir, lives in Sofia, Bulgaria.
    I wanna share my first attempt of blending multiple exposures in this landscape. Please give me yours critique and advices about this post-processing technique

https://500px.com/photo/119571047/su...m=user_library
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 27th August 2015 at 06:18 PM. Reason: remove odd font tag

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

re: My first attempt of multiple exposures. Please critique

Dragomir

Firstly, welcome to the CiC forum. I hope you enjoy being involved.

If you wish you can go to Edit Profile and put in your location, so that it appears in the sidebar alongside your message, just like mine beside this message. Then everybody knows where everybody else is.

You have provided a link to your picture rather than embedding it into your post. It will attract more comment if you do embed it, as people will see it more4 easily than if they have to click on a link to go to another site.

If you ever need any help in getting images posted into your message, then please do read the helpful guide that walks you through how to do it. Click HERE to read the thread.

Firstly, I wonder if you needed multiple exposures with that scene. But I can't really tell without actually being there to measure the light levels.

With regard to the result. Yes it has worked well enough; although parts of it are quite bright, almost on the harsh side for me, particularly the greens and yellows. Is this what you had in mind?

The sky looks good.

Real Name
    James Edwards

Dragomir, I'm a bit puzzled. What blending tool did you use and how may exposures have been blended?
    I'd agree with Geoff that at first glance this scene does not seem to need multiple exposure. For me the colours are a bit too vibrant, and overall the image seems to be too bright, but that may be because we do not often get the kind of bright summer day here in the UK that you get in Bulgaria.

Real Name
    Dragomir Nikolov

I am agree with James and Geoff that scene doesnt need mutiple exposure. I just wanted to try this technique. James, I blended this image used three shots of the same image with exposures -2 0 +2 and combined them in 1 shot. The result I posted here. I will lower green and yellow. I have been surprised that this image has been approved by Shutterstock. I posted there as a joke. Thanks for yours responds.
    P.S. I added my favourite dog Daisy /German shepherd/ into this image

[IMG]My first attempt of multiple exposures. Please critique[/IMG]
    Last edited by DragomirNikolov; 27th August 2015 at 07:55 AM.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

You have added a German Shepherd in this one...nice dog...at least now there is an added element to your image...love the colours...

Real Name
    James Edwards

Dragomir...
    My puzzlement was partly due to the excellent sky. In blended shots clouds in particular can take on quite a moody look.

I did see your other shot in your folder which included Daisy. The inclusion is very well done but.... I was looking for a shadow from the dog. (The image looks as if the sun is high overhead therefore I would expect a shadow underneath and behind? Daisy.

James

Real Name
    Dragomir Nikolov

James thanks for kind words about the sky. Quite honestly, the main reason to took this photo was mainly the sky. Yep I liked sunflowers and blue blossoming flower among them, but clouds were gorgeous. I blended the sky, using darker image. I partly took the darker tones from it. The result was great. Much better than if you use graduated filter. And another plus level of noise didn't increase. After that added a little bit contrast. While I were doing this I were looking white colour. My aim was not burn white in clouds and to loose pixels. Be careful with contrast. After that I fixed colour cast. And this was a final thing in post-processing of sky. About Daisy, by the way it is great dog. Thanks that you notice this tiny detail - missing shadow around her! Quite honestly I don't like shadows in images, but you are right - more natural is with spot of shadow around Daisy. May be I will add it. James, please show some of your images, post link to your portfolio. Thanks for your respond.

Real Name
    James Edwards

Dragomir, if you click on the link at the bottom of my posts (Where the Camera Takes Me) it will take you to my SkyDrive space where I have loaded some folders of my pictures.

James

Real Name
    Dragomir Nikolov

Re: My first attempt of multiple exposures. Please critique

James, great images
    Drago