Thread: no title

Real Name
    John

no title

no title

Real Name
    Janis

Re: no title

Nice scene, John. I like the de-saturated look of it, and the sense of light, both contributing to a certain quiet mood. I wonder if the vignette isn't a bit heavy, but I can't be sure that I am not being influenced by fashion, as I read the other day that a white vignette was very 80's-ish, and I confess I squirmed a little, as I use a white vignette not infrequently myself.

Real Name
    Tony Watts

This is a very nice scene and I like the colours. It looks to me as though it needs an anti-clockwise rotation.

Also, I wonder whether a more gradual fade into a less strong vignette might look better.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by purplehaze View Post
    Nice scene, John. I like the de-saturated look of it, and the sense of light, both contributing to a certain quiet mood. I wonder if the vignette isn't a bit heavy, but I can't be sure that I am not being influenced by fashion, as I read the other day that a white vignette was very 80's-ish, and I confess I squirmed a little, as I use a white vignette not infrequently myself.
    Hi Janis,

Thanks for commenting. The vignette is perhaps a bit heavy, I wanted to convey a window into which the viewer feels separate yet entwined with the scene.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by TonyW View Post
    This is a very nice scene and I like the colours. It looks to me as though it needs an anti-clockwise rotation.

Also, I wonder whether a more gradual fade into a less strong vignette might look better.
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for comments and suggestion.

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Rotation, no...a little skew would look better. IMHO, vignette is a trifle harsh.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    Rotation, no...a little skew would look better. IMHO, vignette is a trifle harsh.
    William,

Thanks for commenting.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

I am still on the fence about the rotation or the straightening but I like your explanation to Janis...I can see what you mean about looking at this shot like as if it is in another dimension or another world...Very good effect. No, do not tighten the vignette...I like the effect you created here after your explanation...

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    I am still on the fence about the rotation or the straightening but I like your explanation to Janis...I can see what you mean about looking at this shot like as if it is in another dimension or another world...Very good effect. No, do not tighten the vignette...I like the effect you created here after your explanation...
    Hi Izzie,

Thanks for the comments.

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi John. It is such a nice image that it might also look good without a vignette or with less vignette. IMO it needs some rotation

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    Hi John. It is such a nice image that it might also look good without a vignette or with less vignette. IMO it needs some rotation
    Hi Binnur,

Thanks for comments and suggestions.