Thread: Rhigos

Rhigos

There was a green haze of light that you could almost drink when I took this image in Wales, does it come through. Could I have got more from the stream perhaps.
    Nikon D3200, Nikkor 18-55mm @18mm. ISO 100 + F/10 + 1/3Sec. Polarizing and UV filters, Only Nikon View NX post prod.
    Rhigos
    Last edited by Craig EB; 25th August 2015 at 11:39 AM.

Real Name
    James Edwards

Re: Rhigos

Craig, nice capture, I know the area and the light can be tricky along the river, especially when the trees and bushes are in full foliage.
    I know what you mean about the green haze, it's a lovely effect. I think it maybe a bit too bright, since I'm guessing that on the day it was a bit more moody and mysterious, particularly to the right, despite the touch of blue sky downstream?

I don't have any experience of Nikon View, but I'd try reducing overall brightness slightly and increasing the vibrance a bit.
    Alternately, I'd experiment with a' letter box' crop taking out between a 1/4 and an 1/8 at the top. This reducee the brightness generated by the central sky area, and will I think bring back a bit of the overall green and cool effect you noticed.

(Try rolling the image up the screen so that you get a virtual crop and you will see what I mean

That is what I was thinking.

If you want to get more from the stream, start by reducing the trees. Try darkening the distant highlights.

And if you have the ability to use layers and masks, you might get away with slightly increasing highlights on the foreground.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Some helpful advice above already...I just want to say that I love this shot nevertheless no matter what other problems you think it has...good special effects...

Real Name
    Binnur

Lovely green , very nice image

Real Name
    Natalie

I think you thick green haze comes through....I love the color and the feel to this....If you go the other way and reduce the trees, emphasize the stream, it will also be a moving image, just different.....I like it.

Thanks guys for the comments, applied some changes around what you suggested and stuck it in the mini completion. Looks more concise now. Thanks too for the encouragement