Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Laptop??? for tethered field shooting

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Laptop??? for tethered field shooting

I'm a huge fan of using Canon Utility Software for tethered shooting using my desktop...I currently
    do a ton of photostacking and assume that resolution is somewhat important...how important is it?
    What kind of resolution/screen quality should concern me without getting stupid expensive?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Laptop??? for tethered field shooting

I find it really doesn't matter. I do some tethered shooting when I do studio still-life experimental shots and have used low to medium end laptops. A larger screen is probably the most important feature for me as it lets me get a good read on both the focus and lighting conditions. The laptop I use has a resolution of 1366 x 768 and I find this is perfectly adequate.

Will higher resolution give you better detail; yes, but is it going to change the actual calls you make looking at the screen? I'd have to say no. I suspect that you will do the important edits on your desktop anyways.

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Re: Laptop??? for tethered field shooting

Then it sounds like any 1080, 15" will function most admirably, must be windows based for the software.