Thread: child

Real Name
    vaez

child

c&c welcom and appreciated

I 'm happy to say bug photos
    I think the edited photo is very wrong with dear friends help

with respect vaez

Between the number one and two which is better ?
    child
    child

and number 3 and 4which is better?

child
    child
    number 5 or 6?
    child
    child
    Last edited by vaez; 20th August 2015 at 06:57 PM.

Real Name
    John

Re: child

1 Nice composition and sense of playfulness and mystery.
    3 Based only on sharpness of the capture, 4 would work but a bit too soft on focus.
    6 Child is the main subject.

Nice efforts.

Real Name
    vaez

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    1 Nice composition and sense of playfulness and mystery.
    3 Based only on sharpness of the capture, 4 would work but a bit too soft on focus.
    6 Child is the main subject.

Nice efforts.
    hi John
    Thank you for helping me guide you in choosing the photos
    (4) After Edith was too soft
    No. 1 and 2 were bitter too hot color

Real Name
    J stands for John

#5 I like for the sense of intrigue or question 'what will the little fellow do?' Though it needs to be coupled with #6 for the answer.
    It shows that lack of control of children and respect for wild life is as common in Iran as in the western world ... but perhaps I am a staid and silly old man, raised by grand-parents and not taught the lovely indiscipline of the young.

Real Name
    Kim

Hi Vaez. My choices are:

#1 - love the bright colors, the girl/pose, and the door. Is does look a bit burned on the bottom.

Neither 3 or 4 for the following reason: #3, the children look like they are sleeping and one looks uncomfortable. #4, the woman is the main focus and she is rather soft (as are the children).

#5 as you can see the child's face, he is in focus, and I enjoy the expression on his face while looking at the pigeons. This one does look better full size. I do find all of the legs and feet in this image distracting. I might give this a crop to get rid of two birds on the left and the part of the bird on the bottom.

Real Name
    J stands for John

Both #5 and #6 can do with some cropping from the left ... CiC or Tinypic is giving me a squashed image except when opened on my 23" screen.
    The half bird compliments the half people top and right ?

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi Vaez

For 1 and 2, they are both nice compositions but the expressions in 2 are more natural. Both photos have yellow-orange color casts as you already mentioned.

3 and 4 don't work for me.

I prefer 5 to 6.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

I like #1 than #2 because the solo is more concentrated on the girl with the light shining on her beautiful dress and the door framing her. On #3 or #4, I like the moment shown in #4 better...it is a sweet loving shot...I like the expression of the mother's face if indeed she is the mother of those two children..On #5 or #5. I like both of them because of the expression on the child's face, but I find that in #6 the head of the child should have a little bit more room at the top...

Hope this helps.

Real Name
    vaez

Quote Originally Posted by KimC View Post
    Hi Vaez. My choices are:

#1 - love the bright colors, the girl/pose, and the door. Is does look a bit burned on the bottom.

Neither 3 or 4 for the following reason: #3, the children look like they are sleeping and one looks uncomfortable. #4, the woman is the main focus and she is rather soft (as are the children).

#5 as you can see the child's face, he is in focus, and I enjoy the expression on his face while looking at the pigeons. This one does look better full size. I do find all of the legs and feet in this image distracting. I might give this a crop to get rid of two birds on the left and the part of the bird on the bottom.
    hi kim
    Thank you so much my dear friend for valuable and useful description

Real Name
    Neville Dukes

No.1 is a beautiful portrait. You have used the shadows on the doors to compose a truly great image. The child is beautiful and looks happy to be photographed by you. I love this picture.
    No.3 is my choice. The children are the main subject and you can see their faces.
    No.5 is really good. You have used perspective to show how small the child is and how big the birds are. I think I would crop the bottom edge enough to remove the single bird.
    I keep going back to no.1. It is so good.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

• 1 or 2? 1. I think it is a much stronger composition. The pose of the young lady is strong and proud. I think it is an image that cause you to stop and look at it.
    • 3 or 4? 4 Because it shows joy and happiness.
    • 5 or 6? 5. Because in 6, the child is very much the main subject in the image. In 5, the child is somewhat lost within all else that is happening in the picture.

Real Name
    vaez

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    • 1 or 2? 1. I think it is a much stronger composition. The pose of the young lady is strong and proud. I think it is an image that cause you to stop and look at it.
    • 3 or 4? 4 Because it shows joy and happiness.
    • 5 or 6? 5. Because in 6, the child is very much the main subject in the image. In 5, the child is somewhat lost within all else that is happening in the picture.
    hello donald
    I was so glad I saw your comment
    Thank you good tips
    I have a question for black and white photos
    Is it better I did the settings , such as light and color after black and white option
    On the contrary, the first black and white or other settings , such as light and then we did

Real Name
    vaez

Quote Originally Posted by Ndukes View Post
    No.1 is a beautiful portrait. You have used the shadows on the doors to compose a truly great image. The child is beautiful and looks happy to be photographed by you. I love this picture.
    No.3 is my choice. The children are the main subject and you can see their faces.
    No.5 is really good. You have used perspective to show how small the child is and how big the birds are. I think I would crop the bottom edge enough to remove the single bird.
    I keep going back to no.1. It is so good.
    hello neville dukes
    Thank you for your helpful comments or worthwhile dear friend
    I also love my number one
    Fatima was very lovely and kind

Real Name
    John

No.1 for an excellent portrait and No.6 for shear joy Vaez but they are all very good. I also like 5 and 6 taken together because they tell a story.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by vaez View Post
    I have a question for black and white photos
    Is it better I did the settings , such as light and color after black and white option
    On the contrary, the first black and white or other settings , such as light and then we did
    I do not think there is a 'right' or 'wrong' way to do this. I think it is about experimenting and deciding which way of working you like most and that you think gives you best results.

Because I use Silver Efex Pro as the software to make my conversions to black & white, I do the work after turning the picture into black & white. But sometimes, if I want to increase the vibrancy or saturation of the colour in the picture, I will do this in colour before I convert to black & white.

Real Name
    vaez

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I do not think there is a 'right' or 'wrong' way to do this. I think it is about experimenting and deciding which way of working you like most and that you think gives you best results.

Because I use Silver Efex Pro as the software to make my conversions to black & white, I do the work after turning the picture into black & white. But sometimes, if I want to increase the vibrancy or saturation of the colour in the picture, I will do this in colour before I convert to black & white.
    thanks a lot for comment
    You were very good and sufficient description
    you are very good teacher

Real Name
    vaez

Quote Originally Posted by jcuknz View Post
    #5 I like for the sense of intrigue or question 'what will the little fellow do?' Though it needs to be coupled with #6 for the answer.
    It shows that lack of control of children and respect for wild life is as common in Iran as in the western world ... but perhaps I am a staid and silly old man, raised by grand-parents and not taught the lovely indiscipline of the young.
    hello jcuknz
    Thank you for your attention
    Despite the talk show you what you look like the profoundly accurate
    How good you've analyzed photos
    The world of children is very sincere and simple Vqshng
    The animal world is beautiful and away from the artifice
    Children animals cope very well together.