Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Zooming Out - Sort of

Real Name
    Ted

Zooming Out - Sort of

It's pouring with rain this week, so I'm stuck at the computer desk, wondering about this and that. I got to thinking about the Fractal Syndrome which can lead to buying ever-higher MP cameras. That led to thoughts of "getting Fractal" with a mere 4.7MP Sigma DSLR. Which led to doing one of those macro 'what-is-it' games. So, still at the desk with one CFL lamp for lighting, here we go . . . what is it? (try to restrain the urge to quickly scroll down!)

Zooming Out - Sort of

A clue . . . .

Zooming Out - Sort of

And the answer is . . .

Zooming Out - Sort of

An 1876 key-wound, key-set Elgin solid silver pocket watch (over 2-1/2 oz of 900 fine silver; it's heavy!).

C&C for image quality not invited but other series of shots like this are cordially requested.

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Re: Zooming Out - Sort of

I thought a wall clock but not necessarily a watch...we had one in my younger days.

Real Name
    Tony Watts

Re: Zooming Out - Sort of

I guessed a clock rather than a watch. I have an old one that looks a bit like that. It's genuine electroplated brass but unfortunately doesn't work I think they were meant to be carried in the waistcoat pocket - remember the old self-blessing "wallet, watch, spectacles, . . . "

It's interesting that there is so much detail in such a small item which looks sort of agricultural at that scale.