Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nageshwar jyotirling

Real Name
    Tejal

Nageshwar jyotirling

Jyotirling is a devotional object representing the god Shiva. Jyoti means 'radiance' and lingam the 'mark or sign' of Shiva, Jyotir Ling thus means the The Radiant sign of The Almighty.

There are twelve traditional Jyotirling shrines in India.

It is believed that Lord Shiva first manifested himself as a Jyotirlinga on the night of the Aridra Nakshatra, thus the special reverence for the Jyotirlinga. There is nothing to distinguish the appearance, but it is believed that a person can see these lings as columns of fire piercing through the earth after he reaches a higher level of spiritual attainment.

This one is called Nageshwar Jyotirling. This pic is taken out side the main temple, where big statue of Lord Shiva is placed. Inside the temple, we are not allowed to take photographs.

Nageshwar jyotirlingTejal Mewar - Jyotirling by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Here is one more. This temple is Somnath temple.

Nageshwar jyotirlingTejal Mewar- Somnath Temple1 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Nageshwar jyotirlingTejal Mewar- Somnath Temple by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Kindly share your C&C .

Regards,

Tejal

Real Name
    John

Re: Nageshwar jyotirling

Nice series.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Tejal,

The three shots vary between 2/3 and almost two stops under exposed - although perhaps you were trying to preserve the skies(?). I think there is a balance to be struck which might retain the sky while improving exposure.

There's a unnatural looking smudged/blurred area in trees in #1 (on right), as if you have cloned over something nasty.

#2 might stand a small clockwise rotation to level it.

I always find your posts informative, thanks - in general, I like the compositions too.

Dave

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nice series.
    Thanks John .

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Tejal,

The three shots vary between 2/3 and almost two stops under exposed - although perhaps you were trying to preserve the skies(?). I think there is a balance to be struck which might retain the sky while improving exposure.

I always find your posts informative, thanks.

Dave
    Thanks Dave for your input. Yes, pis are looking under exposed. You have very much correct. It could be corrected during PP. And I will do that .

Due to rainy season and cloudy atmosphere light was quite less. That might be the reason. Shots are one year old, so as of now I really dont remember whether technically I had taken care while taking pic or not.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Tejal View Post
    Thanks Dave for your input. Yes, pis are looking under exposed. You have very much correct. It could be corrected during PP. And I will do that .

Due to rainy season and cloudy atmosphere light was quite less. That might be the reason. Shots are one year old, so as of now I really dont remember whether technically I had taken care while taking pic or not.
    I'm thinking time of day and the desire for sharpness also had a bit to do with the underexposure. Were these shots taken with the same camera you use now?

Real Name
    Tejal

I'm thinking time of day and the desire for sharpness also had a bit to do with the underexposure. Were these shots taken with the same camera you use now?
    Yes same camera. These shots were taken one year back, means during my starting days of photography with DSLR.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Tejal View Post
    Yes same camera. These shots were taken one year back, means during my starting days of photography with DSLR.
    Were you reluctant to use higher ISO back then; if you remember. And how would you undertake a shot today given the same lighting conditions?

Real Name
    Richard

I especially like #1 and #3,

When I started to view #1, I saw an idol on my monitor and thought "Ho-Hum" just another image of a statue but, as I scrolled down, the people on the street came into view and that changed the entire look of the image. The people became a reference point showing how large is the statue and, IMO, really make the image.

The people in image #3 also are references to the size of the building and the area you photographed. They also add color to the image.

I would warm up the images a TAD and perhaps add some contrast and maybe a bit of saturation. That might compensate for the original under exposure. I selected the sky and added some structure which brings out the clouds, I also selected both groups of people in the foreground and brightened then and added a bit of saturation.

Nageshwar jyotirling

This might not have been they way you saw the area but I do like it a bit better. There is some noise in the new image but that, IMO, stems from starting with a small image that I copied from your post. If I started in RAW, I would have added some noise reduction from the start.

BTW: I really like the triangular formation of the groups of people and the canopy forming leading lines up to the tall temple.

Real Name
    J stands for John

In Paint Shop Pro I have the ability to add an adjustment layer/curves which gives me what looks like a histogram image and when this does not occupy the whole area I do what I believe Adobe users do .. adjust the white and black points inwards to each end of the 'histogram' which changes a muddy looking image into a better version in most cases. In all three images the 'histogram' ended at the 3/4 line before adjusting the white point inwards.
    If I could do a screen capture I would show you this but sadly that is a skill I have yet to master

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by jcuknz View Post
    In Paint Shop Pro I have the ability to add an adjustment layer/curves which gives me what looks like a histogram image and when this does not occupy the whole area I do what I believe Adobe users do .. adjust the white and black points inwards to each end of the 'histogram' which changes a muddy looking image into a better version in most cases. In all three images the 'histogram' ended at the 3/4 line before adjusting the white point inwards.
    If I could do a screen capture I would show you this but sadly that is a skill I have yet to master
    If you have a software called Jing (free copy) then you can copy to your clipboard or save it as an image for further studies. I have the paid version of it...SnagIt. Both are from Tech Smith and I had used Jing for many years now. I only bought SnagiT this year because there are tutorials I want to watch later on that I can copy and save on my harddrive...Jing can also do this but on very limited megabytes...

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Tejal...very nice series...I particularly like #1 although there are so much to be done there to remove line and the pole, which if this is mine, I would remove them...it seems that like in most places, the birds know where to rest too and do their things... not just here...it does not matter what "holy" means to them either...

Real Name
    Tejal

Were you reluctant to use higher ISO back then; if you remember. And how would you undertake a shot today given the same lighting conditions?
    Agree with you. During my initial days, I used to be very scared of boosting ISO. But today I have learnt a little, how to hand such situation. . I generally visit same place of my town in a gap of say 3-4 months or so and every time, I notice the change in my photography. Every day is a learning day for me .

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I especially like #1 and #3,

When I started to view #1, I saw an idol on my monitor and thought "Ho-Hum" just another image of a statue but, as I scrolled down, the people on the street came into view and that changed the entire look of the image. The people became a reference point showing how large is the statue and, IMO, really make the image.

The people in image #3 also are references to the size of the building and the area you photographed. They also add color to the image.

I would warm up the images a TAD and perhaps add some contrast and maybe a bit of saturation. That might compensate for the original under exposure. I selected the sky and added some structure which brings out the clouds, I also selected both groups of people in the foreground and brightened then and added a bit of saturation.

Nageshwar jyotirling

This might not have been they way you saw the area but I do like it a bit better. There is some noise in the new image but that, IMO, stems from starting with a small image that I copied from your post. If I started in RAW, I would have added some noise reduction from the start.

BTW: I really like the triangular formation of the groups of people and the canopy forming leading lines up to the tall temple.
    Thnx Richard. . The revised version is looking very nice.

Real Name
    Tejal

thanks for your valuable inputs. It will be very helpful to me .

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    If you have a software called Jing (free copy) then you can copy to your clipboard or save it as an image for further studies. I have the paid version of it...SnagIt. Both are from Tech Smith and I had used Jing for many years now. I only bought SnagiT this year because there are tutorials I want to watch later on that I can copy and save on my harddrive...Jing can also do this but on very limited megabytes...
    Thnx. Good suggestion. I will get it for me.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Tejal...very nice series...I particularly like #1 although there are so much to be done there to remove line and the pole, which if this is mine, I would remove them...it seems that like in most places, the birds know where to rest too and do their things... not just here...it does not matter what "holy" means to them either...
    Thnx Izzie !! I will try to edit and will remove the wires and pole too .

Real Name
    Richard

Windows 7 and (I think) later Windows issues have the Snip It tool built in. This is a very handy tool to copy part or all of a screen.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7

Full screen capture:

Nageshwar jyotirling
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 17th August 2015 at 04:52 PM.

Real Name
    Helen

John, if you have a Mac, for a screen-shot simultaneously press: Shift+Cmd+4 then click to anchor and pull your mouse over the area you want to copy. If you have a PC, my condolences Helen

Real Name
    Binnur

`Nice compositions Tejal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast