Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bandit

Real Name
    Terry

Bandit

I thought I’d try a little different direction here.

This little guy seems to be planning his next “caper”!

Okay shot of the Bandit, maybe, but I think the chain link fence in the background kind of jacked with my bokeh.

Still, I think he's kind of cute!

I’m always open to suggestion.

All the Best,
    Terry

Bandit

Camera: Canon EOS 50D
    Lens: EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
    Shot at 190 mm
    Exposure: Manual exposure, 1/60 sec, f/4.5, ISO 100
    Flash: Off, Did not fire
    White Balance: Auto
    Look on Face While Shooting: Smile
    Last edited by Loose Canon; 19th June 2010 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Keep forgetting EXIF!

Re: Bandit

Terry, I like this shot, his/her face is quite interesting, and the blurred background is necessary not to disturb the main subject. Have you done any sort of eye-sharpening for this?

Real Name
    Rick

Great shot, Terry. I see what you mean about the fence: the repeating pattern kind of makes something like a moire. Still, Yan's right: you certainly wouldn't want a deeper DOF. I can see I need to update my firmware, though, to get my facial expression into the EXIF.

Cheers,
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Canon View Post
    Bandit

Look on Face While Shooting: Smile
    Would that be on your face, or the coon's?

Very good shot. They actually look quite nice animals, despite what everyone says about them. I suppose you're going to tell me they cause chaos in Missouri.

Real Name
    Terry

Yan Zhang, Rick, Rob, thank you for giving this the old once over. One day (and we should all be so lucky to live so long!) I may be in a position to pay this forward. Should that day ever come, I’m going to have a lot of paying to the Piper. But I’ll always remember and never forget.

Yan Zhang, I did do some eye sharpening on the Bandit.

We were smiling at each other wondering who would get over on whom first! He won, but he cheated!

And Rob, coons are either planning a “caper” or involved in one. They are all cutsie, warm, and fuzzy until they pay you a visit under cover of darkness. They lose their appeal toot suite as well as PDQ when you wake up in the morning only to discover the place is trashed!

I don’t know how they do it but I think it’s an inside job. I think they have “turned” my mini Schnauzer. She’s always had a “thing” for the “bad boys”!

The Missouri breed wear leather jackets with the sleeves cut off, travel in gangs, and when they are done wreaking havoc, they “tag” your house with spray paint!

The worst part is that you can’t identify them in a police lineup because they are all wearing masks!

(Sorry! Couldn’t resist! )