Thread: Hi Guys :)

Real Name
    Rob

Hi Guys :)

Hi Guys

I came across CiC after doing a lot of searching for that 'Ideal photography Forum'. After spending a while reading through your posts - and in a way, getting to know you alittle at the same time, I decided this is the place for me... hence my post, here

A little background, without boring you, though some of which I wrote in my profile, it still stands.

Following long illness, I am currently rebuilding not just my life, but also my photography work too. It has long been my passion and that is what keeps me going. Unfortunately, I have had to do some relearning.

I mainly focus (pardon the pun) on portraiture showing deep feeling and emotion of a person. I have a lot of experience of the latter during my darkest times of late... and sadly still do see dark times now, though, with a little more light to show a path ahead.

I also love to experiment with photography, just to see what can be done with the most minimal of kit. Especially when it comes to abstract/dream like works.

My cameras are Nikon D7000 and D610. Love them both

As for my computer (custom build), where any post gets done. Linux: OpenSuse 13.2 64bit - Image Editor: GIMP - RAW Editor: Darktable

Hopefully, I will have some photos to post for C&C, soon. Bare with me. Most of my previous work, I deleted as I didn't think I was still going to be around... as sad as that sounds.

Rob

Real Name
    Binnur

Re: Hi Guys :)

Welcome Rob Sorry about your illness , I hope you will have fun in CinC. I can't wait to see your abstract/dream like works as I love seeing artistic images.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Rob,

I'm glad to hear things are beginning to look better for you.

I love my D5000 and D7100!
    What lenses are you shooting with?

You may find this thread helpful:
    HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?
    plus you may find the first post in this thread useful:
    How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images

Warm welcome to the CiC forums from me, Dave

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Welcome to CiC...we'll give you more reason to live ... photography. I found it hard coming back after two years of hating everything about doing something with photography a while back but the medium really interested me so much that I decided to learn right from the word GO! This is a good learning site. I am thoroughly enjoying it...as members here are very accommodating with sharing their knowledge and very friendly. Try to look at some posts and join us. Make friends so you will get to know more of us through our shots and images, our failures and successes...and upload your shots so we can tear it apart for you...joking... Really it is a nice place to recuperate from the harsh life out there in reality world...

Will be waiting to see what you can show and share with us...
    Cheers...

Real Name
    John

Welcome, looking forward to seeing some images.

Real Name
    Rob

Hi Binnur, Dave Humphries, Izzie and John, many thanks for the welcome

Sorry I didn't reply straight off, as I got invited away for a few days. Just got back.

Dave, as soon as I have settled back, after my time out, I'll post my current lenses

Real Name
    Rob

I have mentioned already in my intro, here, that my cameras bodies are Nikon D7000 and D610. So, in answer to Dave Humphries, here are the lenses I have. Please bare in mind, that due to health issues ongoing, my budget currently isn't that great, I am either working or trying to work, sometimes not able to work, so have to get what I can just about afford... even if I have to make some minor sacrifices to get there. I know it will be worth it later, as I have already been there before illness took over way back when I first started out in photography during the latter end of the film days... hell, that's going back a little, yet only seems like yesterday

-Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
    -Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Lens
    -Nikkor AF 35-70mm
    -Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 IF EX DG HSM
    -Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG Macro
    -Tamron SP AF150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD

I know that is not a great collection, but they do they're job quite well, given the low cost

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Now let us see some shots...