Thread: Current Time

Real Name
    Terry

Current Time

It was suggested to me that instead of the composition of this watch in my most recent thread, that I instead give it a hosing!

Sounded entirely within reason and well within the realm of possibility to me!

After all, the watch is submersible up to 100 meters as advertised! So I found myself a lake that was at least 100M deep, dove in, and when I got to 100M took this shot! The rip current was horrendous down there, but whatever it takes to get the shot!

I never thought that if I ever came out of my kayak and ended up 100M below the surface that knowing the current time would necessarily be an immediate concern!

But its nice to know that if/when I ever do, I’ll be able to know the exact time I was there!

That’s a long dang time to hold your breath!

1/200th shutter
    f/16
    ISO 400
    70-200mm @105mm
    Two lights fired

Current Time

Real Name
    Neville Dukes

Re: Current Time

The other important piece of information you would need is what time the alligator comes round.
    Great shot for a magazine watch advert.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

You can't possibly be on the lake on a day like yesterday...we had thunderstorms and lightning, fallen trees (Manchester side, not ours, again we were spared...) yesterday like no one can believe...so I reckon, seeing that what we had did not passed your way, you must have been cleaning your mess in the garage again when you thought of this shot...come on ...'fess up...

Neville, would that information be useful, after he was bitten or before....stupid question...nevermind...

Real Name
    Kay

Very cool, very cool indeed! All sacrifices completely worth it.

Real Name
    John

Nice concept.

Real Name
    John

I have to say that your pic looks just as if you were hosing it as originally suggested. All the other evidence suggests that you are pulling a fast one!

John

I much prefer this one to the original. The submerged look does it for me. Couldn't help noticing that the time on the watch is the same in both images. Was this intentional in order to show all 3 hands?

Real Name
    Kim

Very slick -- and I agree, another Ad shot. ;-)

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Canon View Post
    It was suggested to me that instead of the composition of this watch in my most recent thread, that I instead give it a hosing!
    Brilliant look to the water at the lake.

As a fellow watch enthusiast may I remind members that, these days, watches are "water resistant" rather than "waterproof". And running water has what is called dynamic pressure, aka "head" so, although a dip in the lake should be OK, showering with your beloved watch is less advisable

Real Name
    Terry

Thank you for commenting everyone!

The nice thing about that watch Neville is that it has a rotating bezel such that I can time how fast I am swimming when the gators show up! Very important! How ever fast that may be its not fast enough!

Izzie? Funny thing about that garage! It never gets dirty until I get in there and start shooting! Saw you guys got some weather. Hot (very) and humid (very) down here since our last frog-choker.

Rita, if you happen to notice, a vast majority of watch shots are shot with the time reading 10:10 or thereabouts. There is a reason for this although I’m not sure how valid it is. It has been determined (by the ad folks I would presume) that the watch face looks best when the hands are set to this time. The watch is perceived to be “smiling”! Probably some kind of subliminal psychological mamba jahamba I would suppose, but believe it or not that’s the case! Any edge is a good one when selling your product I suppose! Guess its really true Rita! I know I fell for it!

Ted I have never lost one of these particular watches to water damage, which is one reason (and a biggie) I keep buying them when I finally beat one up. But I have an expensive (for me anyway) Seiko that I feel nervous about even drinking a glass of water while I’m wearing it!

This watch has already taken some H2O abuse even before I have put it into service just by shooting it! It has taken a licking and kept on ticking! (Oh wait, wrong brand!)

Real Name
    Binnur

Awesome image !

Real Name
    Terry

Thank you Binnur! I know you have a discerning eye and I appreciate you saying.

Real Name
    Brian

if nothing else you live up tom your nick name. Fine shot!

Real Name
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by JBW View Post
    Fine shot!
    Brian, thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by JBW View Post
    if nothing else you live up tom your nick name.
    If you’re not having fun then it’s time to do something else Brother!

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Canon View Post
    Brian, thank you sir.

If you’re not having fun then it’s time to do something else Brother!

And the congregation shouted Amen!