Thread: Who knew ~ an in-camera 6 shot stack capability

Real Name
    Brian

Who knew ~ an in-camera 6 shot stack capability

I continue to find bells and whistles that are fun in the sun. This particular bell and whistle is for twilight shooting. But it seems to work reasonably well in the shade. It could certainly be sharper but for a first try it is showing potential.
    Who knew ~ an in-camera 6 shot stack capability

Real Name
    John

Re: Who knew ~ an in-camera 6 shot stack capability

Nicely captured.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nicely captured.
    it may be bad form to blame the camera for a bad shot but I hope it is alright to acknowledge when the camera makes a shot possible?

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by JBW View Post
    it may be bad form to blame the camera for a bad shot but I hope it is alright to acknowledge when the camera makes a shot possible?
    You also have to add the person behind the camera for bad/good shots.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    You also have to add the person behind the camera for bad/good shots.
    true enough

Real Name
    Denny

Not familiar with that camera, when you say 6 shot stack, is that the camera clicking 6 times and changing ?what? with each shot to bracket the shot???

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by dennybeall View Post
    Not familiar with that camera, when you say 6 shot stack, is that the camera clicking 6 times and changing ?what? with each shot to bracket the shot???
    the manual is somewhat thin on explanations but as i understand it the camera takes 6 shots and merges them choosing the best from each and loosing the worst. It is meant for twilight and near dark so I am not sure if there is bracketing or not.

Real Name
    Richard

Brian, I would assume that while it is certainly possible to hand hold the sequence, your image just "might" be a TAD sharper if you had your camera on a solid support, such as a sturdy tripod, when shooting your sequence.

I would also assume that the rationale behind this bracketing is to get detail in the shadows as well as in the highlights of a contrasty image; such as your white flower and the dark surroundings.

My new Canon SX50-HS has many bells and whistles which I have not tried yet, including the capability of some simple video editing (trimming off the beginning and ending of shots) in-camera. This might be handy for the 15-30 second clips I like to do for my rescue dogs...

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Brian, I would assume that while it is certainly possible to hand hold the sequence, your image just "might" be a TAD sharper if you had your camera on a solid support, such as a sturdy tripod, when shooting your sequence.

I would also assume that the rationale behind this bracketing is to get detail in the shadows as well as in the highlights of a contrasty image; such as your white flower and the dark surroundings.

My new Canon SX50-HS has many bells and whistles which I have not tried yet, including the capability of some simple video editing (trimming off the beginning and ending of shots) in-camera. This might be handy for the 15-30 second clips I like to do for my rescue dogs...
    my memory is not so good lately but i do believe this was shot from a tripod.