Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Before & After Cloning

Real Name
    Petra

Before & After Cloning

Not too much cloning in this one, but used Dave's tips (thank you, Dave) like changing tool size often and keeping it at 50%. Can you spot the differences?

Petra

img_2230_edited-1.jpg

pennfamily_edited-2.jpg

Finally posted the pics right!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Petracsr; 16th June 2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: pat myself on the back

Real Name
    Chriss Goyenechea

Re: Before & After Cloning

The wall socket(plug) disappeared! That's MAGIC :P

Real Name
    Chris

Great job! their faces look much smoother and the tones are more even. Also, if you're into skin retouching, a good book worth mentioning is "Skin" by Lee Varis. It has many good tips.

Real Name
    Petra

Quote Originally Posted by Crovean View Post
    The wall socket(plug) disappeared! That's MAGIC :P
    correct, plus the vent behind the woman on the left. You can still see a little black along her arm, but when I tried to clone closer it changed the outline of the arm a tad, so I left it alone. I'm going to have to pay way better attention to the background!

Real Name
    Petra

Quote Originally Posted by flipmode View Post
    Great job! their faces look much smoother and the tones are more even. Also, if you're into skin retouching, a good book worth mentioning is "Skin" by Lee Varis. It has many good tips.
    Thanks, Chris. I don't like to do TOO much on faces (except for taking out all MY wrinkles), but would definitely love to get better at smoothing things out without it looking fake. I will take a look at the book. Thanks again

Petra

Real Name
    Chriss Goyenechea

By the way where did you get Dave's tips, care to share? Is this done by Photoshop or something different? I know how to use the tool in PS to clone but I always have problems when it comes to someones face.

Real Name
    Petra

Quote Originally Posted by Crovean View Post
    By the way where did you get Dave's tips, care to share? Is this done by Photoshop or something different? I know how to use the tool in PS to clone but I always have problems when it comes to someones face.
    Chriss,
    I posted a photo in People & Pets, (under Family Pics) and Dave did some cloning work on it for me and gave me some cloning tips.
    I use PSE6. Sometimes when I'm trying to get rid of stray hairs, acne, etc. on faces and the healing tool or cloning tool aren't doing what I want, I will take a color sample from a good patch of skin and then use a brush at about 8% and go over that area of the face.
    Petra

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Petracsr View Post
    I use PSE6. Sometimes when I'm trying to get rid of stray hairs, acne, etc. on faces and the healing tool or cloning tool aren't doing what I want, I will take a color sample from a good patch of skin and then use a brush at about 8% and go over that area of the face.
    So do I (use PSE6).

It sounds like you should be giving me tips on faces, oh, you just did

Good work Petra.

For the black vent/arm edge, I agree that sometimes getting an edge right can take several goes: sample, first try, undo, sample, first try, undo, etc. until the angle and offset come out right. If that fails, just zoom in even more and make brush really small, I think you can go down to one pixel size and pick the black ones off individually if need be.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Petra

It
    sounds like you should be giving me tips on faces, oh, you just did
    Yippee! But I think you've created a monster. I didn't like the next group shot, so I made the best of it.

img_2232_edited-1.jpg

liss-sarah-copy.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images