Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Nik collection Reverts to Trial version as a result of auto upgrade ???

Real Name
    John

Nik collection Reverts to Trial version as a result of auto upgrade ???

I have been using the Nik collection for the last eighteen months. Just tried to get into it to find that as a result of an automatic upgrade on the 17th of this month, it has reverted to a trial version which runs out in 15days. Can anybody cast any light on this ? I have to admit that I acquired it at the time it was given away FOC when Google took over the original Nik company but even so ....................

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Nik collection Reverts to Trial version as a result of auto upgrade ???

Thankfully, I'm not seeing this John. And, like you, I got it FOC as a package at the time Google bought over Nik. Are you using it as a plug-in on another package (Photoshop, Elements) or as a stand-alone?

Real Name
    Peter

I'm sure I read somewhere that if you download the full trial package it will recognise your licence and update the system files. It may be worth trying that John

Real Name
    Allan Short

John I would send an e-mail to goggle, then they can send you a link so you can reinstall your Nik software.

Cheers: Allan

Real Name
    John

Thanks for the suggestions. Thinking about it, what has probably happened is that the update has looked for and not found a software key in the root directories. The free version didn't have one (so beware Donald). It has consequently treated mine as unlicensed. I have e-mailed Google support on the Nik site. It will be interesting to see what their reply will be. I still have the original download and so if all fails, I will try a delete and re install. Won't give the latest version but I was happy with what I had. I will update this post with their reply in case others suffer the same.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Is there a current update? If so, to which software in the suite?

Real Name
    John

Interesting question Donald because it made me go through the whole suite. And I think I may have a corrupted update.

The reason that I believe there has been an update is that the Control Panel Software delete listing shows a download date of 17/07/2015 and I now seem to have two Analogue Efex listings. What is now listed by CS 6 is the following but I cannot compare it with what might have been there before. (It would be interesting to see how the listed versions compare with yours):

Analogue Efex Pro
    Analogue Efex Pro 2
    Colour Efex Pro 4
    Define 2
    HDR Efex Pro 2
    Sharpener Pro 3 1) RAW Pre Sharpener.
    Sharpener Pro 3 2) Output Sharpener
    Silver Efex Pro 2
    Vivesa 2

Why I think that I have a corrupted download is the fact that only four of them respond as trial versions. The rest just crash or freeze.

I think I might delete and re install.
    P.S. Ignore the smiley. It's just the colon/bracket combination being interpreted by the forum software.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

I paid for mine so I did not see that...perhaps I should download the update to see what I got...thanks for the tip...

Real Name
    John

Update

Google responded within 3 hrs and diagnosed a registration problem - I guess this confirms the update. They immediately sent an e-mail containing links to a fresh download for both Windows and Mac. All is now well except for Analogue Efex pro but I guess that's because Analogue Efex Pro 2 has replaced it.

Real Name
    John

Update 2

Just deleted and carried out a clean re install. The original of Analogue Efex Pro has disappeared so that answers that Q. Also noticed that the original free download was sized at 100.8MB. Todays download is sized at 400.3MB. I guess that confirms the update.
    Last edited by John 2; 22nd July 2015 at 07:19 AM.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

'Glad you are able to sort it out...

Real Name
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by John 2 View Post
    Interesting question Donald because it made me go through the whole suite. And I think I may have a corrupted update.

The reason that I believe there has been an update is that the Control Panel Software delete listing shows a download date of 17/07/2015 and I now seem to have two Analogue Efex listings. What is now listed by CS 6 is the following but I cannot compare it with what might have been there before. (It would be interesting to see how the listed versions compare with yours):

Analogue Efex Pro
    Analogue Efex Pro 2
    Colour Efex Pro 4
    Define 2
    HDR Efex Pro 2
    Sharpener Pro 3 1) RAW Pre Sharpener.
    Sharpener Pro 3 2) Output Sharpener
    Silver Efex Pro 2
    Vivesa 2

Why I think that I have a corrupted download is the fact that only four of them respond as trial versions. The rest just crash or freeze.

I think I might delete and re install.
    P.S. Ignore the smiley. It's just the colon/bracket combination being interpreted by the forum software.

Quite relieved mine appears to be up to date version wise. I to would confirm good dealings with Google over Nik etc and they are very helpful and quick.