Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Panasonic GX7 automatic panorama

Real Name
    Dave

Panasonic GX7 automatic panorama

Hi,

I recently took my GX7 on holiday, and tried this shot from our hotel balcony. The camera has a mode where you press the shutter and pan slowly around: the camera then stitches a panorama. This obviously isn't a wall hanger (that's why it's here rather than in Nature and Architecture), but I think the camera does a decent job (with a little help from Lightroom) in capturing the scene. I estimate this is around 180 degrees.

Dave

Panasonic GX7 automatic panorama

Real Name
    John

Re: Panasonic GX7 automatic panorama

Nice effort, did you choose to capture the scene at this higher angle because there was nothing of interest below?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

It seems to work fairly well, based on this image. I haven't tried that particular function on my GX 7 yet. I find I don't totally trust the automation to get it right and prefer to prep my panos by hand.

Real Name
    Dave

Nice effort, did you choose to capture the scene at this higher angle because there was nothing of interest below?
    Well, the lens was set to 14mm, which is its widest., so it was the mountains of the car park (we were on the 5th floor)!

I find I don't totally trust the automation to get it right and prefer to prep my panos by hand.
    Yes, you are right of course if you have the time and can set up properly, presumably with a tripod. I was really just playing, and I have another example where it didn't do so good and you can definitely see the joins! Still, as a grab shot on vacation (yes, I do take those!), I think I might do a bit more playing to see what works and what doesn't. jpeg only, of course!

Dave