Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Epson photo printers a3+

Real Name
    David Victor Woods

Epson photo printers a3+

Just looking at printers to replace my pixma pro 9000mkii.
    Looked at Epson UK site have they now discontinued many of these printers now ?

Unable to find on other sites as well. Looks like Canon now have more to Offer re costs etc..

Any points of view ?

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Epson photo printers a3+

Interesting that Epson UK does not show any wide format printers, I think that the new P600 is a a3+ size, here in Canada the P600 is just under $960.00 CDN and the larger 17" P800 is about I/2 again more. The P600 looks to be the replacement for the R2000 and R3000 printers and the P800 replaces the R3880's.

Cheers: Allan

When my Epson R1900 stopped working I went to the new R2000.

Works OK, nothing wrong with it although I haven't found it to be any better than the old 1900. Except it is supposed to be wireless. But I couldn't get that to work for me.

Eventually managed to get two computers connected using a simple USB wire for one and after a bit of messing around a LAN cable eventually worked for the other.

My old 1900 was a very good machine and was still working when it turned itself off asking for a service. I foolishly thought that it made more sense to upgrade than to pay for a service on a discontinued machine. Probably I would have been better off with the service but it meant packing it up for posting to Epson and being without a printer for an unspecified period.

Real Name
    John

There's rumors that a new model will be released this year. Most of the wide format models have been in the showroom for about five years.

These models were listed under "business".

http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon...ilter=consumer

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Polar01 View Post
    Interesting that Epson UK does not show any wide format printers, I think that the new P600 is a a3+ size, here in Canada the P600 is just under $960.00 CDN and the larger 17" P800 is about I/2 again more. The P600 looks to be the replacement for the R2000 and R3000 printers and the P800 replaces the R3880's.

Cheers: Allan
    They all appear to be there, but the website is not intuitive, so it takes a bit of searching to find them...

http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon...cms/index/1009