Thread: Off line for 24hrs. A small thanks for all who have guided me. Still not subtle

Real Name
    Brian

Off line for 24hrs. A small thanks for all who have guided me. Still not subtle

Off line for 24hrs. A small thanks for all who have guided me. Still not subtle

Real Name
    Binnur

Re: Off line for 24hrs. A small thanks for all who have guided me. Still not subtle

Nice image Brian I can see some noise in the BG, may be some noise reduction selectively ?

Real Name
    John

Re: Off line for 24hrs. A small thanks for all who have guided me. Still not subtle

Nicely done, good exposure. This exposure is different from your normal selections, was the PP method changed because of the water drops?

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    Nice image Brian I can see some noise in the BG, may be some noise reduction selectively ?
    I could try that. Or next time a slightly lower F/ might work. This camera does a real nice background blur when i get it right.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nicely done, good exposure. This exposure is different from your normal selections, was the PP method changed because of the water drops?
    It is different. I find the new camera gives me more options. I did process this in Sony Express (raw) and was able to draw out the water droplets without overly darkening the background.

I tried for a blurred background and high contrast in-camera and then accentuated it in S.E. and then Gimp. It is goiung to take me another 15,000 shots to figure this new camera out.

When I get harsh over bright areas in the background, Brian, I use an Adjustment Layer set to Luminosity Mode to reduce the brightness then 'paint' in the changes with a mask.

It is a common problem when the background requires a different exposure to the main subject which can't be corrected at the time of shooting.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    When I get harsh over bright areas in the background, Brian, I use an Adjustment Layer set to Luminosity Mode to reduce the brightness then 'paint' in the changes with a mask.

It is a common problem when the background requires a different exposure to the main subject which can't be corrected at the time of shooting.
    The new camera brings new challenges. There is so much more colour and brightness that I will have to get the hang of adjustment layers.