Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bragging and thanking or Thanking and bragging (mods if this is a no-no take it down)

Real Name
    David

Re: Bragging and thanking or Thanking and bragging (mods if this is a no-no take it d

Superb B, well deserved mate

Real Name
    Greg

Re: Bragging and thanking or Thanking and bragging (mods if this is a no-no take it d

Really pleased for you mate, congratulations

Real Name
    Grahame

Good one Brian you have certainly put in a great deal of effort and it's paid off.

Grahame

Real Name
    Binnur

Congrats Brian !

Real Name
    Richard

Brian, I have never asked you... In what part of the Philippines do you live? I lived for a while in Barrio Barreto which is about midway between Olangapo City and Subic City near what was once the Naval Base Subic Bay and the Cubi Point Naval Air Station. I traveled quite a bit around Luzon but, never was able to visit any other islands.

The Philippines is one of my favorite places in the world. Beautiful with loads of friendly people with whom I can communicate in English...

Real Name
    Bruce

Brian, congratulations. A job well done.

Bruce

Real Name
    Dan

Congratulations!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Great shot Brian - and well done on it being recognised and published

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Brian, I have never asked you... In what part of the Philippines do you live? I lived for a while in Barrio Barreto which is about midway between Olangapo City and Subic City near what was once the Naval Base Subic Bay and the Cubi Point Naval Air Station. I traveled quite a bit around Luzon but, never was able to visit any other islands.

The Philippines is one of my favorite places in the world. Beautiful with loads of friendly people with whom I can communicate in English...
    We live about 14 k outside of Dumaguete where SWMBO teaches at one of the universities.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Great shot Brian - and well done on it being recognised and published
    Thanks, Usually when I post a shot I get two very different reactions. From the public i get likes and oh wows on occasion. Here I usually get well it is okay but maybe if.... (hey this is a teaching learning club)But this shot got 'Beautiful' best yet, very nice. The replies from here gave me the confidence to submit it.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Brian, congratulations. A job well done.

Bruce
    a little skill, luck, advice and a new camera did all come together rather nicely.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Stagecoach View Post
    Good one Brian you have certainly put in a great deal of effort and it's paid off.

Grahame
    But in truth it just seemed like fun.

Well done Brian, congratulations. Enjoy every moment of basking in the glow of your achievement

Real Name
    Richard

I lookedup Dumaguete on Google. It is absolutely beautiful. But, what's new. All of the Philippines (with the exception of some Manila slums) are beautiful...

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I lookedup Dumaguete on Google. It is absolutely beautiful. But, what's new. All of the Philippines (with the exception of some Manila slums) are beautiful...
    Remember you are looking at both touched up photos and tourist enticements. there are now 100,000,000 Pinoys. Overcrowding, pollution, poverty, and constant low level war have created purgatory out of what could be heaven. In Dumaguete people make a living out of dumpster diving to find thrown out restaurant food, recooking it and selling it to the poor.

The cleanest safest city in the Philippines has been run for the pasts 2 decades by a mayor who brags about his death squads that kill the bad guys. When he was asked to run for president he said please no, I don't want to kill more people.
    B.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Rita View Post
    Well done Brian, congratulations. Enjoy every moment of basking in the glow of your achievement
    Thank-you. i have basked for my allotted 15 minutes of fame... back to the learning curve.

Real Name
    Trish Berthon-Jones

Brilliant shot...may you continue to bask in the warm glow of fame and success for a bit longer.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by TrishBJ View Post
    Brilliant shot...may you continue to bask in the warm glow of fame and success for a bit longer.
    thanks but my 15 minute is about up.

Real Name
    J stands for John

Quote Originally Posted by Ndukes View Post
    Don't tell anyone. Your secret is safe with me.
    With only 2Mb of RAM I guess it makes sense to shoot jpg.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by jcuknz View Post
    With only 2Mb of RAM I guess it makes sense to shoot jpg.
    It certainly slows down the processing but I'm not going anywhere in a rush.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12