Thread: Maybe my last comments on the Sony Alpha a58(with our dog as the model for the shot)

Real Name
    Brian

Maybe my last comments on the Sony Alpha a58(with our dog as the model for the shot)

Please let me point out that decades ago I played around with a Cannon AE1 for a year or so. Last year I got the Fujifilm S4200. I don't have he ability to compare cameras.

But I like the Sony. It takes great point and shoot shots. There are a ton of special shooting affects. It feels good in my hand. It makes a very satisfying whir and click when I take a shot.

If i can figure out the menu anyone can.

The owners manual is best left in the bathroom in case you run out of toilet paper. BUT it has a very nice in-camera help section with pictures and suggestions on how to get a lot out of the camera. You have seen that it does reasonable macro. As you can see from the following shot it also does pretty nice 'regular' shots.

Maybe my last comments on the Sony Alpha a58(with our dog as the model for the shot)

Real Name
    Jim

Re: Maybe my last comments on the Sony Alpha a58(with our dog as the model for the sh

"But I like the Sony. It takes great point and shoot shots. There are a ton of special shooting affects. It feels good in my hand. It makes a very satisfying whir and click when I take a shot."

That's all that counts A very nice shot Brian. If it were my dog, I'd have it hanging on my wall.

Real Name
    John

Re: Maybe my last comments on the Sony Alpha a58(with our dog as the model for the sh

Quote Originally Posted by JBW View Post

The owners manual is best left in the bathroom in case you run out of toilet paper.
    Best quote of the month.

Real Name
    David

You have me in fits of laughing B, nice capture too

Real Name
    Greg

Nice photo of your pup Brian.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Jimr1961 View Post
    "But I like the Sony. It takes great point and shoot shots. There are a ton of special shooting affects. It feels good in my hand. It makes a very satisfying whir and click when I take a shot."

That's all that counts A very nice shot Brian. If it were my dog, I'd have it hanging on my wall.
    Thanks. Not only a nice shot but a satisfying one as well.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by deetheturk View Post
    You have me in fits of laughing B, nice capture too

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by gregj1763 View Post
    Nice photo of your pup Brian.
    He has 'Bogart' eyes so if he stays still a good shot is usually possible.