Thread: Strange Photoshop Icon on my desktop

Real Name
    Richard

Strange Photoshop Icon on my desktop

Here is my desktop utilizing Windows & with the Photoshop CS6 ICON at the bottom...

Recently, the Photoshop Icon has changed and has a strange looking image at the bottom right of the icon...

The image is somewhat circular and is divided into blue and yellow quadrants. What does it mean? It seems like this changed when I updated mt Adobe Camera Raw but, I am not sure that has anything to do with the change in the Icon.

I did a Google search for Adobe Desktop Icons and did not find anything relating to my icon here:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=phot...w=1280&bih=631
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 14th June 2015 at 11:55 PM.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: Strange Photoshop Icon on my desktop

It looks like the symbol for an update available. Not sure but at the moment I have one requesting a Java update.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Richard - there is a library of different icons you can select for shortcuts for many different programs.

Right click on the icon and then a popup menu will appear. Select the "Properties" menu item and the Properties box will open up. Press the "Change Icon" button and pick any of the listed icons for your Photoshop shortcut.

How or why this changed, I have no idea. but it really has no impact on what you are doing, it's just a different icon for the same old program. This feature has been available in Windows for as long as I can remember.

Real Name
    Natalie

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Richard..your desktop is mess, pretty much like Bill's desktop. Do you access your programs via your desktop? I usually put my shortcuts at the taskbar, the very little I use, the rest goes in the bin. They are just shortcuts anyway. Sorry for the comment not useful to your problem but Nat already solved your problem.

Real Name
    Erwin Rüegg

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Here is my desktop utilizing Windows & with the Photoshop CS6 ICON at the bottom...
    Recently, the Photoshop Icon has changed and has a strange looking image at the bottom right of the icon...

Not knowing anything about the setup of your system, I would say: The blue/yellow shield "tells" you, that you have to run the program in administrator-mode (at least once).
    The update might "want" to write some new parameters to the program folder (in most cases "protected" against the normal user; mostly not changing your settings). So: right mouse-click on the icon and choose "run as adminstrator". Should after a reboot no longer be there.
    so

On a slightly different subject, Richard, I see you have Serif Page Plus there. I didn't realise that was used outside of the UK.

I have used various forms of that software for many years and it is the only text programme which makes any sense to me.

Real Name
    Mrinmoy

Remember, desktop does not have a scrollbar...
    You may need to check the computer for virus that may have affected PS.

Just realised I was rushing and never said everything which I had intended to mention in my previous reply.

I get that sort of symbol on many of my programmes. It is when my PC clean up and speed up software has temporarily turned off a programme to prevent it from running in the background; so as to reduce overall computer load.

No problem from this and everything works normally when the software is used again.

But if you don't have any similar software it could indicate a warning of something else.