Thread: A try at B&W

A try at B&W

Converted in my PhotoDirector software. Don't have a clue as to 'how' just know it is there at the click of a button.
    C&C welcome.

A try at B&W

Real Name
    Bruce

Re: A try at B&W

Alan, nice conversion. I like this capture.

Bruce

Real Name
    John

Conversion is nice, angle photographed at makes recognition almost impossible. Is that Boz Scaggs at lower right?

Real Name
    Simon

First, a quick caveat - I consider myself a beginner, so take my advice with that in mind.

The contrast you have created is lovely, but my eye isn't led through the image. There's a great line that would lead the eye in the top left corner - the gap between pictures - but it's not prominent enough in this picture. Is there any chance you have cropped this, and can readjust? I'd want that line starting near the top right corner, to lead the eye in. I'd also crop the image before the end if the wall - it would add depth and give a sense of perpetual pictures.

This is a SOOC picture, no cropping involved. My screen saver has various modes and B&W comes up every once in a while. This photo was one of the ones that cycled thru in a B&W mode. Saw it, liked it for the most part, so here it is.
    I'm not sure I 'see' the line you're talking about Simon. I can crop the wall out at the left side no problem.
    As to who is photographed on the wall I haven't the slightest idea. Could be Boz but I'm not sure, I didn't really look. It is a wall heading to the restrooms at a restaurant we went to in San Diego a couple weeks back. They feature live music and I've heard tell some big names drop in to play informally there when in town to relax.

Here are two other shots of the same wall. One a crop of the previous image, the second a new image.

A try at B&W

A try at B&W

I think the sky light is blown in the second image.

Real Name
    Matt

The conversion works well, but the angle you've shot it at is too narrow.

It almost looks distorted.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Contrary to everyone's opinion, I like the first one's angle of shot. And it is different..not the normal ones one led us to believe that a little bit more will be more acceptable. The conversion is very nice I like it too.

Matt - This was a long narrow hallway, the left wall of which is just out of the picture in the third photo. I tried to get as many photos on the wall in my image as possible with the lens I had at the time (24mm Nikkor, if I recall correctly). Best I could do.

Thank you Izzy.

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi Alan, I like the first image My eyes stay in the center of the image because of the big photo in which the man wears a white T-Shirt. I also like the conversion. I would only crop the black thing (edge of a door ?) on the very right side of the frame and I would clone the thing (the edge of a photo?) on the very left of the frame.

Real Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysOnAuto View Post
    Matt - This was a long narrow hallway, the left wall of which is just out of the picture in the third photo. I tried to get as many photos on the wall in my image as possible with the lens I had at the time (24mm Nikkor, if I recall correctly). Best I could do.
    Fair enough, I still would of widened the angle and just settled for getting less of the wall in. Just personal preference A try at B&W