Binnur

Re: Before the rain - B&W

Thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nicely captured and converted.

Real Name
    Binnur

Thanks for looking and commenting Simon The reason for applying a frame is that different tones of white color usually suit B&W images well. IMO this image might work with or without a frame.

Quote Originally Posted by ionian View Post
    I particularly like the lines that are suggested by the path between the rocks, and the bottom of the clouds -it creates an X shape that takes the eye to the horizon. IMO, just get rid of the frame entirely - you could try a hint of vignette instead which will emphasise the lines to the centre of the image.

Real Name
    Binnur

Thanks Mike . Your comments always mean a lot to me

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    I like that the clouds converge at about the same place the rocks converge. Well done!

Real Name
    Binnur

Thank you Marie, I'm glad that you liked the image

Quote Originally Posted by MarieV View Post
    Very nicely composed and captured Binnur.

Real Name
    Binnur

Thanks for looking and commenting Jack I deliberately decreased the structure and contrast in the sky so that the clouds didn't compete with the rocks. Otherwise the scene would have looked crowded because the FG is crowded enough with the rocks , pebbles and water already. You are right that the horizon is tilted and I tilted it deliberately to get a better look of the rocks. The height of the rocks are not the same and when the horizon was levelled the rocks looked leaning a bit down to the right and I didn't like scene that way . So, I made a decision and because the rocks are more important than the horizon in this particular scene I tilted the horizon to get the look I preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by flashback View Post
    Binnur, beautiful shots, the clouds are striking, the entire scene is somewhat ominous.
    Two thoughts; maybe a bit more contrast in the sky/clouds to bring out a bit more detail and (maybe an optical illusion but) the horizon appears tilted a bit down to the left, maybe a slight clockwise rotation?

Real Name
    Binnur

Nice to have comments from you Richard , I'm glad that you liked the image

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Very nice image. It gives me an ominous feeling about the oncoming weather...

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi Barbara I'm glad that you liked the image. I'm sorry to hear about the flooding. I hope there is no big harm over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Ponder View Post
    Lovely shot Binnur! We have had massive flooding in my area so I am very family with the forboding look of ominous clouds.

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi Isabel, thanks for looking and commenting This is a single shot image and I didn't combine a slow shutter speed image with a fast one. If you read my explanation to Jack you will see that I treated the clouds deliberately this way

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Binnur...lovely image and lovely composition. I like that you had mixed the slow shutter speed and the texture of the water is not really milky. The clouds, I am not sure about...it is not a dislike but a preference for the natural looking cloud than taken with slow motion or something like that. I cannot explain,but just like water, I prefer a faster shutter speed because clouds moves...with the wind, with the rotation of the earth. I hope that is a better explanation...

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi Christina, I'm glad that you liked the image There is actually another frame in the frame for this image and your suggestion might work because even if the wispy line of cloud is sacrificed the scene might still look good. I will try te crop and if it works I will keep both versions. Thanks for the idea

I noticed that you stopped uploading images for some time but you have started again recently. I can't wait to see more of them even if they are landscapes , birds or bubbles. CinC is such a friendly community that when someone disappears she/he is missed by the others

Quote Originally Posted by Brownbear View Post
    Hi Binnur,

I can't comment on b&w but as always beautifully composed and photographed. I adore the mood, the pebbles in the foreground, the layers of rocks, and especially the sky which I think is magical.

When I move the image around in the lytebox I'm also fond of it cropped square (just a little off of the left side) because it seems to emphasize the shape of the clouds/sky overlooking the rocks, and also the dark mood. But at the cost of losing that wispy line of cloud.

I have yet to even try photographing an image like this, so thank you for the inspiration.

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi Janis, I'm glad that you liked the image The horizon is tilted deliberately, please see my explanation to Jack about it .

Quote Originally Posted by purplehaze View Post
    Very nice, Binnur. Like Jack, I thought the horizon appeared to be dipping to the left and I also wondered whether it needed a bit of perspective correction. Lovely scene, though. I'm wanting to dip my toes in that water.

Real Name
    Binnur

Thank you Rita Before starting photography I think I didn't know how to look at things around me although I have eyes . And I'm glad that we are all developing our skills and creativity with the help of CinC

Quote Originally Posted by Rita View Post
    A beautiful image Binnur. The ominous feel to the image is wonderful.

Real Name
    Binnur

Thank you so much Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ST1 View Post
    Great composition and conversion both of which come together very well. Well spotted and captured Binnur

Real Name
    Binnur

Thank you very much Tony

Yes, it is very annoying to see an image elongated but it sometimes happens in CinC, I don't know why. I too saw the image elongated when I uploaded it and I added a note to the image about it. Sometimes logging off and logging in again might help the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyW View Post
    Very nice composition and tonal contrast. It's interesting how the clouds and rocks seem to have similar forms.

I notice that when I reload the page, the images switches between square and elongated.

Real Name
    Binnur

Nice to see you commenting on my image Brian I actually tried your crop option before, but IMO the shore with pebbles adds to the composition and that's why I left it as is.

Quote Originally Posted by JBW View Post
    my only change would be to have the horizon closer to 1/3 mark.
    Before the rain - B&W

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    Hi Isabel, thanks for looking and commenting This is a single shot image and I didn't combine a slow shutter speed image with a fast one. If you read my explanation to Jack you will see that I treated the clouds deliberately this way
    Binnur, sorry...I think I jumped in too quickly...after reading your response to the other posters, I looked and looked at this several times and understood what you were trying to achieve here. The more I look at it, the more I like it...thank you for the explanation...

Real Name
    Greg

Good work, Binnur. I too wondered about the soft clouds, but I think your treatment works well.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    Nice to see you commenting on my image Brian I actually tried your crop option before, but IMO the shore with pebbles adds to the composition and that's why I left it as is.
    and that is the best reason that can be offered.

Real Name
    Binnur

Thanks a lot Greg

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    Good work, Binnur. I too wondered about the soft clouds, but I think your treatment works well.

Real Name
    Terri

This composition was well seen and captured. Reading your explanations to others, I'm even more impressed with the choices you made. Very nice!

Real Name
    Binnur

Thank you so much for the encouraging comment Terri , I'm glad that you liked the image

Quote Originally Posted by terrib View Post
    This composition was well seen and captured. Reading your explanations to others, I'm even more impressed with the choices you made. Very nice!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast