Thread: An evening tour

Real Name
    Peter

An evening tour

Yesterday evening was my first trip out with photography in mind since my operation (seven weeks come Thursday). It was my intention to capture a particular sunset. Sadly the tide and time wait for no man, so I failed miserably with my intended sunset. But I did get out and about even if I was travelling light in terms of camera kit. I hope you enjoy this little tour.

#1 My intended sunset would have to have had the sun setting over the humpbacked whale that you see here.
    Exif: ISO100, f16, 1/10sec, Lee 0.9 soft grad.
    An evening tour

#2 Time and Tide, this is why I didn't get my intended sunset, high tide was forecast as 23:40, I left the wreck (#1) at 19:50 and only just managed to get back to the beach without paddling. But the sun did light up the cliff for me and the diagonal light on the horizon help overcome my disappointment.
    Exif: ISO100, f16, 1/15sec

An evening tour

#3 Off to Whitby we go, I must have picked a good spot as there was an open top bus behind me with all the passengers shooting over my shoulder with their phones An evening tour.
    Exif: ISO100, f19, 1/60sec.

An evening tour

#4 Nearly home, just time to call in at Saltburn for the sunset, I was just a bit too late, to get the composition I was hoping for.
    Exif: ISO100, f16, 1/30sec, Lee 0.9 soft Grad.

An evening tour

Real Name
    Bruce

Re: An evening tour

Very nice photographs.

Bruce

Real Name
    Kristy

All beautiful images! I especially like number 3, with the sun's rays shining through the building... Just lovely! Thanks for sharing.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Very nice tour you gave me (us) here despite how you physically feel. I hope you are doing well after 7 weeks of recuperation. Just goes to show how you take you photography to the next level. All outstanding shots. I like the first one of the wreck very much...

Real Name
    John

Nice series.

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

My favourite is #2.

Real Name
    raymond

Nice seroies pic three is terrific , a piece of nice art

Real Name
    Richard

I really like the shot of Whitby Abbey with the sun streaming through the opening.

BTW: A snap quiz:

What famous horror novel was connected with Whitby Abbey? Hint: It was written by Bram Stoker

Answer: Stoker visited the English town of Whitby in 1890 and that visit is said to be part of the inspiration of his great novel Dracula.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Nice set of shots Peter, wish I were there with you on your "tour"! Number 3 is a "ripper".

Dave

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I really like the shot of Whitby Abbey with the sun streaming through the opening.

BTW: A snap quiz:

What famous horror novel was connected with Whitby Abbey? Hint: It was written by Bram Stoker

Answer: Stoker visited the English town of Whitby in 1890 and that visit is said to be part of the inspiration of his great novel Dracula.
    Well done for winning the tour quiz Richard. I'm glad you like the Abbey image thank you.

The second tour quiz question is, who started his maritime career in Whitby?
    Just in case Q2 is too easy a supplementary question follows, where was the mariner in Q2 born?

The person who answers correctly will be awarded a viewing of my next tour which will endeavour to cover the above questions.

Of course the winner will have to share the prize with other members of CiC An evening tour

Real Name
    Peter

Thanks everyone for getting on my tour bus, taking time to look and comment. Much appreciated An evening tour

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    Nice set of shots Peter, wish I were there with you on your "tour"! Number 3 is a "ripper".

Dave
    You would have been most welcome Dave I could have done with a leg upAn evening tour
    I had to balance my camera at head height on top of the stone wall surrounding the Abbey grounds to capture the image.

Real Name
    Matt

Lovely shots Peter, number 3 is amazing, and I like number 4 also.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by ST1 View Post
    Well done for winning the tour quiz Richard. I'm glad you like the Abbey image thank you.

Just in case Q2 is too easy a supplementary question follows, where was the mariner in Q2 born?

The person who answers correctly will be awarded a viewing of my next tour which will endeavour to cover the above questions.

Of course the winner will have to share the prize with other members of CiC An evening tour
    I think that might be Captain James Cook, given there is a statue of him there. Don't know where he was born though.

Dave

Real Name
    George

Quote Originally Posted by ST1 View Post

Google says James Cook, born in Marton. Captain on the, yes the Endeavour

Nice pictures. I like them all.

George

Real Name
    Binnur

All very nice shots Peter It might be a good idea to erase some of the sharpening in #3 and #4 with a soft brush. The water and green look a bit crisp and I can also see halos in #3. Sun rays and colors look super in #3 !