Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: quick photoshop ACR question

Real Name
    Rod

quick photoshop ACR question

when i use acr the bottom part of acr hides behind the task bar so i'm unable to click the buttons on the bottom right. Does anyone know where the settings are to either make acr sit on top of the task bar or make acr slightly smaller?

Re: quick photoshop question

Quote Originally Posted by mrrod View Post
    when i use acr the bottom part of acr hides behind the task bar so i'm unable to click the buttons on the bottom right. Does anyone know where the settings are to either make acr sit on top of the task bar or make acr slightly smaller?
    Rod

That's a very good question. You should have a button in the top right corner of the picture screen saying 'toggle fullscreen'. Or you can just type 'F' on your keyboard to toggle it. If you switch fullscreen off you can then resize the window as normal with your mouse, which sounds like your problem. Once resized you should be able to toggle back to fullscreen and use the buttons at the bottom. Can you?

Or leave it in fullscreen and use ALT/TAB to switch applications.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Out of interest Rod, what version of ACR are you using? On mind it actually "over-writes" the task bar, although Windows 7 behaviour might also be different.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Rod,

I don't see the buttons Rob talks of top right - they are there in Elements, but not in ACR. However, using the "F" key (in ACR) to toggle between fullscreen or not, does work a treat

If the "not full screen" view is too small, just click and drag the application's window borders as big as you want.

I always use it non-fullscreen for the reason you say - and I am on Vista and ACR 5.4.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Rod

the acr is version 6.0 and windows 7. I see the button top right for full screen but when it's in a windowed mode i'm only able to change the size horizontally, so acr is the full height of my screen and i'm unable to change it. When i change from windowed to full screen and back again then acr is in front of the task bar but still unable to change the size vertically.

quick side note, i took a look at the button again top right on acr, there's a double arrow on it pointing horizontally, is that the same as everyone else?

Real Name
    Rick

Another keyboard shortcut I found useful in this situation is ctrl-O, which opens the image in photoshop. Since the only thing I mostly need the buttons for is to open the image, that usually covered it for me.

Cheers,
    Rick

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

the acr is version 6.0 and windows 7. I see the button top right for full screen but when it's in a windowed mode i'm only able to change the size horizontally, so acr is the full height of my screen and i'm unable to change it. When i change from windowed to full screen and back again then acr is in front of the task bar but still unable to change the size vertically.
    That is different to me (with 5.4), I can size vertically as well as horizontally, shame, seems a backward step in 6.

I took a look at the button again top right on acr, there's a double arrow on it pointing horizontally, is that the same as everyone else?
    Yes, a double arrow button. If you type 'F' and get the window mode, can you not select the bottom right corner and resize it diagonally?

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

With 6.1 under Windows 7 I can either make it full screen (at which point it covers the task bar), or "normal mode" which I can resize to any size I like, except that it can't be dragged down to cover the task bar. Personally I think that it probably shouldn't cover the taskbar even in full screen (or should that be maximised) view, but it doesn't really cause any issues for me.

I remember older versions in the past (can't remember which ones) having some slightly weird behaviour - along with limits on window sizes. Off memory I think one work around was to drag the window up the screen - resize from the bottom (or bottom corner) and then drag it back down again (by grabbing the title bar).

Real Name
    Rod

@carregwen, I can grab the corner but it'll only let me drag horizontally, although I get the 45 degree arrow which suggest to me it should be able to re-size vertically also.

@Colin, unfortunately for me my windowed mode is maxed to the size of my screen vertically and behind the task bar, so i'll just work in full screen and live with it i guess.

not entirely related but holding shift is another useful one in acr for me since it toggles the button "open as image" to "open as object". I usually open as smart object so I can get the acr menu again from pshop by clicking the thumbnail in layers window but sometimes want to open as image instead and it saves going through the menu each time to change it. I love the ease and sheer laziness of shortcuts hehe.

Real Name
    Rick

I see the same behavior. I have ACR 5.5 on a desktop that I don't much use anymore with WinXP, and it comes up with things totally hidden. Going to full-screen and back brings it to the front, but it won't resize at all. I have ACR 6.0 on Win7, and it comes up with nothing hidden, but if I try to resize, it only lets me resize horizontally. I tried resizing my task bar to 2 units tall on the Win7/ACR 6, and sure enough, part of the bottom was obscured. I did full-screen and back, and it came to the front, but still wouldn't resize vertically. The good news may be that the resize behavior appears to be associated with ACR, which is a free upgrade, so why not upgrade to 6.1 or later? I say "appears to be," because I only have a single combination of OS/ACR on each machine, but from what others are saying, the resize seems to follow the ACR version.

Cheers,
    Rick