Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obsession with Image Sharpness

Real Name
    John

Re: Obsession with Image Sharpness

I shot this last year, ISO 800, 1/250sec, f/4, 40mm, handheld. With all the talk about sharpness, I really like this image but today I would try to change my camera settings to get a sharper image. This was taken about 7PM, I would probably try to shoot at f/6-8.0 and would love to shoot at ISO 100. Why? Because of everything I've read about shooting at low ISO levels so as not to lose detail, at f/8.0 because typically sharpest aperture of lens. Saying all that, I know I'd have to decrease shutter speed to shoot with those changed settings. I'd give it a try, but I'd very likely go back to the camera settings used for this image.

Obsession with Image Sharpness

Real Name
    Dean

Re: Obsession with Image Sharpness

Sharpness is only important when all other elements -that make up great image- fall into place so I don't ever see myself being obsessed over it. Maybe for composition and lighting which are limitless in learning. If an image has not been composed to grab the eyes, it will never be a great image regardless of how sharp it is. I cant remember who said this: "details don't matter if there is no story behind it"
    Last edited by dragon76; 26th May 2015 at 05:51 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123