Thread: Panasonic Lumix FZ200 Flash

Panasonic Lumix FZ200 Flash

A Panasonic Lumix SX 200 mystery: When used with the Panasonic Lumix FL360Lflash unit with the camera in I-A mode, color rendition is perfect, but with the flash and the camera in P mode or A (set at f8) mode, color rendition is totally ruined and everfything is blue. Exposure is perfect in every case, as it is without flash. Explanation??

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

Re: Panasonic Lumix FZ200 Flash

Please post a couple of A/B sample images with EXIF intact.

WW

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Welcome to CiC Edwin. It's a bit of a challenge in diagnosing the issue without seeing the actual images, but I can take an educated guess that your white balance is not correctly set.

The blue colour cast is commonly a result when a tungsten white balance is used when shooting in daylight conditions. Tungsten light has a colour temperature of around 2800K whereas daylight and your flash are nominally around 5500K. You'll get exactly the same results if you take an outdoor shot with the camera white balance set to tungsten.

You'll have to go back to your camera manual to figure out how to change these settings.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Yes it sounds a bit like i auto might be using a different White balance setting to the P and A modes. Also there might be mixed light and you are getting a different flash exposure for the different modes, relative to the exposure from the ambient light ?

Dave