Thread: Bizzaria

Real Name
    Tony Watts

Bizzaria

They say that when photographing a person or animal, focusing on the eye is most important.

This is a genre I would perhaps like to explore some more, even though it is a bit weird. It's not beautiful in the usual sense.

Bizzaria

Real Name
    John

Re: Bizzaria

Nice concept.

Real Name
    Barbara

Tony as they say,"beauty is in the eye of the beholder", sorry had to go there! Very interesting shot and could be an excellent series with lots of ways to go with it!

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Is this a composite, Tony? How do you pose a tiger when you want to see what it is looking at? Just a philosophical question...but this is as interesting as a water drop on a leaf or a whole orchid shot in another water drop...how close can you get with your lens and I would have like to see some more details but there is no EXIF...yes I am one of those that like to know...unfortunately.

Real Name
    Tony Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Ponder View Post
    . . . "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" . . .
    I like that, Barbara. Thanks

Izzie, This was shot at 1/125s, f/8 ISO 3200 with the 100mm macro lens. It is a single image. Not optimal because it is cropped a fair bit and there is some noise evident at larger sizes. This was my son who is more of a pussy cat than a tiger. It would be interesting to try to get something reflected that represents what he is thinking. I tried to get my 4 year old granddaughter to be the model but she was too shy.

By the way, I had trouble when I was posting this image. It did not show up at the correct proportions at the first attempt and I had to reduce the size. The gremlins were at work again.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Another interesting use of a 100mm macro lens...it is mind-blowing. I used to be amazed at what can be taken on shiny surfaces like the aluminum sides of airplanes or a shiny car especially in the sunshine...tried it, but my artistic endeavours did not work easy with films... now it is as easy with digital and this is one that if I tried, I will have to practice and more practice to get it perfect. This is beautiful...and if you can do it, many can too though not immediate...
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyW View Post
    I like that, Barbara. Thanks

Izzie, This was shot at 1/125s, f/8 ISO 3200 with the 100mm macro lens. It is a single image. Not optimal because it is cropped a fair bit and there is some noise evident at larger sizes. This was my son who is more of a pussy cat than a tiger. It would be interesting to try to get something reflected that represents what he is thinking. I tried to get my 4 year old granddaughter to be the model but she was too shy.

By the way, I had trouble when I was posting this image. It did not show up at the correct proportions at the first attempt and I had to reduce the size. The gremlins were at work again.
    Thank you for the info. I won't have a model until winter when I go home to Oz for another visit but it will be worth a try...I will put this in my list of to-do...

About the gremlins, you might be talking about the elongated versions you sometimes see or the widened version....don't worry bout that. I usually crop my images to 1200 at the longest side and will not show up as fitted to the page. I upload anyway...and when you finished and press submit reply, you will see that the image comes out right. I used to get overwhelmed about my seeming failure, but actually it is no big deal...Tinypic rights itself on the final image and much more better when one can expand in lightbox.

Thank you so much for the info. It is much appreciated.