Thread: Halo Effect

Real Name
    raymond

Halo Effect

I have been trying to create the halo effect on my Olympus E-620 , I just seem not to get it right , any technical suggestions and aid would be appreciated

Real Name
    Ted

Re: Halo Effect

Quote Originally Posted by selig1656 View Post
    I have been trying to create the halo effect on my Olympus E-620 , I just seem not to get it right , any technical suggestions and aid would be appreciated
    Don't how it's done on your camera but here's one way to do it on a computer in post:

Halo Effect

Unsharp Mask with a big radius and amount. Best done before conversion to JPEG by the looks of it.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Halo Effect

Quote Originally Posted by selig1656 View Post
    It's hard to answer your question without an example of what you are trying to achieve (links to other photos that have this effect in them) as well as examples of what you have done to try achieve them, including the metadata from the shots.

Halos can mean different things to different people, anything from the way light wraps around a back-lit image, lens flare or glowing star shapes around light sources. I'm probably missing a few in the list too.