Thread: Rome: Senior Roberto C&C Appreciated

Real Name
    Erik

Rome: Senior Roberto C&C Appreciated

We stopped on a food tour at a local cheese and meat shop and were greeted by Senior Roberto. The business has been in his family for generators and he certainly has a loyal following. Always giving you the two thumbs up.

Appreciate any Comments...thanks

Real Name
    John

Re: Rome: Senior Roberto C&C Appreciated

Nice candid, a bit soft on the focus.

His face seems quite sharp. I think a fairly shallow depth of focus is simply making the foreground look out of focus. It would be nice if that was also sharp but it is mostly a portrait shot so I can accept this scene as it is now.

Real Name
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nice candid, a bit soft on the focus.
    Thanks, I tried focusing on his eyes...but he was quite active and hard to pin down. Very interesting character.

Real Name
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    His face seems quite sharp. I think a fairly shallow depth of focus is simply making the foreground look out of focus. It would be nice if that was also sharp but it is mostly a portrait shot so I can accept this scene as it is now.
    Thanks Geoff - this was as f/5.3 and ISO1000, still giving me a SS of 1/60s at 95 mm. So there could be some camera shake in there as well. I probably could have raised the ISO a bit more and had a bit sharper results.

I was trying to get a shallower DOF of this image.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Erik - this is an nice character shot. I suspect that you are in a bit of a mixed light situation as when I examine the image, there seems to be a bit of a green overtone that is hard to eliminate by just setting correct black and white points.

Could I also suggest a slightly different crop. I find the material behind Senior Roberto a bit distracting. Remove it and the character of the images changes signifcantly.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Since he is hard to pin down as you said, 'could have used a faster SS...I love deli stores..you'll never know which worm is going to hurt you most...

Real Name
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Erik - this is an nice character shot. I suspect that you are in a bit of a mixed light situation as when I examine the image, there seems to be a bit of a green overtone that is hard to eliminate by just setting correct black and white points.

Could I also suggest a slightly different crop. I find the material behind Senior Roberto a bit distracting. Remove it and the character of the images changes signifcantly. Lighting in the room was challenging, but manageable.

Thanks Manfred - Yes the tighter crop does have a much stronger impact yet still ensures that the viewer knows that it is in Deli.

Real Name
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Since he is hard to pin down as you said, 'could have used a faster SS...I love deli stores..you'll never know which worm is going to hurt you most...
    Thanks Izzie - I took many other pictures in the store of the meat, cheese and pasta. Then ended up be great fillers for a photo book I did of the trip.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Good for you! Will we see some shots of those meats and cheeses and other deli produce there uploaded here. I love food and cooking...