Thread: Over a cup of tea - C & C are welcome

Real Name
    Tejal

Over a cup of tea - C & C are welcome

Here by I am posting one more shot in street category. This picture was taken on a street, where some people were having their morning tea at tea stall. All the activities going over there, I found very interesting and I captured that moment in my camera .

Your suggestions on my picture will be highly appreciated.

Tejal

Over a cup of tea - C & C are welcomeIMG_5381 (2) by patel_tejal, on Flickr

Real Name
    John

Re: Over a cup of tea - C & C are welcome

Nicely captured, consider toning down the mirror on the bike.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nicely captured, consider toning down the mirror on the bike.
    Oh...yes. Good point. I will do that. Thanks

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

I think that going B&W in this shot was likely the right choice. The scene looks like it was probably quite busy and colourful, so eliminating colour simplifies the image.

On the other hand, what does not work for me is the motorcycle. It's a big object that gets in the way. Again, I don't know what the shooting conditions were like, but I would have likely taken the shot from the left and either eliminated the motorcycle entirely or at least pushed it off to the edge of the image so most of it is not in the picture.

Real Name
    Richard

Very busy but also very interesting documentary image... It could also be cropped just to image left of the man sitting in the white shirt = making almost a square image. Again, there are lots of ways to crop this image... I also like the B&W conversion.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    I think that going B&W in this shot was likely the right choice. The scene looks like it was probably quite busy and colourful, so eliminating colour simplifies the image.

On the other hand, what does not work for me is the motorcycle. It's a big object that gets in the way. Again, I don't know what the shooting conditions were like, but I would have likely taken the shot from the left and either eliminated the motorcycle entirely or at least pushed it off to the edge of the image so most of it is not in the picture.
    Thanks Manfred for your feedback. Yes bike is/was really distracting, even at the time of taking picture also. This stall was at a junction. From all sides vehicles were passing through. I was standing across the road. On the right side there was a hawker and some vehicles were also there. And due continues transaction of people, it was even difficult to avoid overlapping of human elements as well as vehicles. I am just trying to explain the filed condition .

But yes, such things, like bike or some other element like that which is not needed, MUST BE AVOIDED IN FRAME. Agree with you. Thanks once again .

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Tejal View Post
    But yes, such things, like bike or some other element like that which is not needed, MUST BE AVOIDED IN FRAME. Agree with you. Thanks once again .
    Avoided, not necessarily, but it should not have a negative impact on the image.

Look at your previous posting of the man, boy and motorcycle. There the motorcycle was a key element of the image and added to the shot.

You shot this image with a moderate telephoto setting (90mm @ 1.6x crop factor = 144mm FF equivalent). My choice would have been a wide angle lens so as to step in front of all of the "traffic" and eliminate this from the scene. I also see that the shot was taken at 1/25th sec. You are very lucky that the image is relatively sharp as you are using a shutter speed that is quite slow, even for a "normal" lens.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Very busy but also very interesting documentary image... It could also be cropped just to image left of the man sitting in the white shirt = making almost a square image. Again, there are lots of ways to crop this image... I also like the B&W conversion.
    Thanks Richard !! Here is the 1:1 crop as suggested by you.

Over a cup of tea - C & C are welcomeIMG_5381 (2) by patel_tejal, on Flickr

Real Name
    Tejal

Here is the colored and the uncropped frame :

Over a cup of tea - C & C are welcomeIMG_5381 by patel_tejal, on Flickr

Real Name
    Tejal

Avoided, not necessarily, but it should not have a negative impact on the image.

Look at your previous posting of the man, boy and motorcycle. There the motorcycle was a key element of the image and added to the shot.

You shot this image with a moderate telephoto setting (90mm @ 1.6x crop factor = 144mm FF equivalent). My choice would have been a wide angle lens so as to step in front of all of the "traffic" and eliminate this from the scene. I also see that the shot was taken at 1/25th sec. You are very lucky that the image is relatively sharp as you are using a shutter speed that is quite slow, even for a "normal" lens.
    Good points you have highlighted. Very important and useful. I will be careful next time . Thanks