Thread: Like father - like son : C & C are welcome

Real Name
    Tejal

Like father - like son : C & C are welcome

In street category, here is one image. Father and son, waiting for somebody to come on the street. Their dressing, their expression, everything was matching and that made me to capture that moment .

Your C & C will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Tejal

Like father - like son : C & C are welcomeIMG_3394 as Smart Object-1 by patel_tejal, on Flickr

Real Name
    Dean

Re: Like father - like son : C & C are welcome

Wonderful, Tejal!

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Another very nice shot, Tejal. I'm not sure if all of that space around the subject is doing anything for your image. If it were my image I'd go for a tighter crop.

Real Name
    Tejal

Thanks Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN01 View Post
    Wonderful, Tejal!

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Another very nice shot, Tejal. I'm not sure if all of that space around the subject is doing anything for your image. If it were my image I'd go for a tighter crop.

Thanks Manfred!! Crop is really nice, i must say. I cropped the original frame but then felt like leaving little more space around the subject to give little more feel of street to the frame. The fonts which are in red is stating about the shop of crackers . I didnt cut the word.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Tejal View Post
    Thanks Manfred!! Crop is really nice, i must say. I cropped the original frame but then felt like leaving little more space around the subject to give little more feel of street to the frame. The fonts which are in red is stating about the shop of crackers . I didnt cut the word.
    As the photographer, you have to determine how you will present the image.

When I looked at your image, I figured it had to be something like that, but to me, the sign is such a minor part of the image, I don't know if seeing the whole name is going to make any difference at all to the viewer. You have a very effective blank canvas with the shop shutters rolled down, so it really gives you a nice way of having the motorcycle, father and son stand out.

The viewer (if they have been to India, at least) will know that the pair are standing in front of a shop; does it really matter that it is a cracker shop? How are crackers related to motorcycles or Muslims? Had the sign been for a motorcyle parts shop, I might be more inclined to agree with you.

Just imagine how different the scene would look, had the shops been open.

Real Name
    John

Very snazzy duo, nicely captured.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Too bad the motorcycle is a modern Honda. Had they been standing beside an older Royal Enfield Bullet, now that would have been really special!

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    As the photographer, you have to determine how you will present the image.

When I looked at your image, I figured it had to be something like that, but to me, the sign is such a minor part of the image, I don't know if seeing the whole name is going to make any difference at all to the viewer. You have a very effective blank canvas with the shop shutters rolled down, so it really gives you a nice way of having the motorcycle, father and son stand out.

The viewer (if they have been to India, at least) will know that the pair are standing in front of a shop; does it really matter that it is a cracker shop? How are crackers related to motorcycles or Muslims? Had the sign been for a motorcyle parts shop, I might be more inclined to agree with you.

Just imagine how different the scene would look, had the shops been open.
    Manfred, I liked the way you explained. . You are absolutely right. Now I am also feeling the it is not at all important. When I clicked that picture, yes these things were in my mind but as a viewer if I see, then yes it is not at all important. I really need to keep this in my mind, to get a better street shot. I will remember this now

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Very snazzy duo, nicely captured.
    Oh thanks John

Real Name
    Richard

I really like both Tejal's original posting and Manfred's cropped version. Although as I have mentioned previously, I am "usually" an advocate of tighter crops, there is so much detail in Tejal's original image that I do like it.

What I like best about this image (in addition to its excellent technical quality) is that motorcycle, boy and man form a triangle. Having both man and boy looking off camera in the same direction (IMO) really adds to the image. Also having the two human subjects brighter (but still maintaining all detail) draws attention to them...

Although the delicate colors of this image really add to the attraction, I think that this just might be a candidate for a monochrome version. Additionally, perhaps a very slight vignette might be suitable, as would an appropriate frame. These comments should not be taken to believe that there is anything wrong with the image. There certainly is not!

It is wonderful when an image is so inherently rich that it can be presented in many versions and still retain its quailty...

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I really like both Tejal's original posting and Manfred's cropped version. Although as I have mentioned previously, I am "usually" an advocate of tighter crops, there is so much detail in Tejal's original image that I do like it.

What I like best about this image (in addition to its excellent technical quality) is that motorcycle, boy and man form a triangle. Having both man and boy looking off camera in the same direction (IMO) really adds to the image. Also having the two human subjects brighter (but still maintaining all detail) draws attention to them...

Although the delicate colors of this image really add to the attraction, I think that this just might be a candidate for a monochrome version. Additionally, perhaps a very slight vignette might be suitable, as would an appropriate frame. These comments should not be taken to believe that there is anything wrong with the image. There certainly is not!

It is wonderful when an image is so inherently rich that it can be presented in many versions and still retain its quailty...
    Oh that's wonderful !!! Appreciate your inputs Richard . Thanks a lot for your kind words and appreciation. I really enjoy and I am learning everyday something new from you all, my friends .

I like the original one because it gives the impression of an 'across the street' view, more so than the tighter crops.
    Nice work.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysOnAuto View Post
    I like the original one because it gives the impression of an 'across the street' view, more so than the tighter crops.
    Nice work.
    Thanks Alan

Real Name
    Richard

Tejal,

Here is my philosophy regarding learning photography.

Some people have a natural gift for composition and for seizing the moment. They produce remarkable images almost from the start of their photographic efforts...

Other people through study and learning improve their photography and their images become better as study and learning continues. Occasionally, they will produce very good or even remarkable images. This, IMO, constitutes the vast majority of people learning photography.

Finally, there are some people who cannot "see" an image and will never, except due to sheer accident, produce good imagery, These are, luckily, also a very small proportion of people learning photography.

I really think that you are among the initial grouping described above. Keep it up!

Real Name
    Raj

Tejal,

Some people have a natural gift for composition and for seizing the moment. They produce remarkable images almost from the start of their photographic efforts...

Other people through study and learning improve their photography and their images become better as study and learning continues. Occasionally, they will produce very good or even remarkable images. This, IMO, constitutes the vast majority of people learning photography.

Finally, there are some people who cannot "see" an image and will never, except due to sheer accident, produce good imagery, These are, luckily, also a very small proportion of people learning photography.

I really think that you are among the initial grouping described above. Keep it up!
    100% Agreed and well said

Real Name
    Tejal

Tejal,

Thanks a a lot Richard . Your words.......means a lot to me . Photography is my hobby and I am doing photography with DSLR for the last one year, before that never thought of developing my this hobby. But I am enjoying it. I am not so good at theory as well as post processing, but I am trying my best to learn, whenever I get time and opportunity, to know and to understand things which can make my photography better.

During my initial days, this one is also of my initial days, I used to click what my heart n my eyes used to like but now I think little about composition too, sometimes, by chance :P . .

Thanks once again....