Thread: Different workflow

Real Name
    Richard

Different workflow

While my computer was in the shop (again) I did some PP on a couple of simple dog portraits using my wife's computer which also has CS6 but doesn't have NIK installed. It was difficult to go back to editing with only Photoshop CS6. I learned that I have become pretty dependent on the ease of my NIK Plug-In

Real Name
    James Edwards

re: Different workflow

Richard,
    I think we all suffer from this. In my case it's kind of the reverse. I find it difficult to use other plugins etc. Somehow I'm more comfortable with CS6.
    A case in point is Photomatix. I don't do much HDR and I prefer 'natural' blends. I've had Photomatix for years, but when I do blend multiple exposures, I usually end up sticking with the Photoshop version. ;-)

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

I am just learning Nik these last few days so I cannot say it is already in my workflow. I have used Photoshop for years and years, then my problem with accessing ACR came when I bought my pixel peeper camera. So my workflow was narrowed down to On One with Photoshop...Yesterday I was watching a video of Viveza 2 (as I had mentioned in one of my posts) and I am quite taken by it...before that it was Color Efex...so far I have applied some good changes in my images. Nik is a gem nowadays I suppose and Photoshop will soon los its footing in the editing market ...

Real Name
    Richard

I think that when I am not working with NIK, I miss two facets of the program most...

I miss the U-Point capability and I miss the control that I have with Viveza, especially the structure slider.

Anyway my technician states that my computer problem has been strange and was either caused by a low level virus or by a Microsoft Update which was being fought by the Microsoft Security system. He stated that he is beginning to see certain computers having their Internet access compromised after a recent Microsoft upgrade was installed.

Although I used my wife's Lenovo Desktop for some PP work, I am accessing the Internet right now using an, oldie but goodie, 17-inch Toshiba notebook running Microsoft XP. Guess what, I found an old Photoshop CS3 on this computer that still works!

Izzie mentions that NIK is a "gem nowadays". I agree and I think that if Adobe had purchased NIK, instead of Google, and incorporated it into Photoshop; it would be hailed by all Photoshop users as the best thing since sliced bread! I also suspect that if the original NIK developers had not strangled the program with exhorbitant pricing, it would have become quite popular earlier!

My photo club was invited to a presentation at the original NIK Corporate Office in San Diego. I was very impressed with the NIK capabilities but put off by the very high price NIK was charging.

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Different workflow

it turned out that the problem with my computer was in its relationship to the Internet. There were two conflicting programs which have deteriorated my Internet for the longest time and finally made it crash. I really don't understand what my techie told me but, the computer is flying high now!

Now that I have had it fixed, I no longer have YouTube videos halt while the video loads. I have a fast Internet connection as well as a fast computer with lots of RAM and an upgraded video card. It was just that one conflict that has been bothering my Internet for a long while.

It is nice to be able to view YouTube videos without frequent halts for them to reload...

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

I am glad for you Richard...no internet, no life, eh?

occasionally create a problem but it solve it adobe a is best thing in the world creators make a lots of thing and do the unbelievable design.