Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: D7200 Macro Shots

Real Name
    Garth

D7200 Macro Shots

Colleagues,

As promised, I now have a page with a few macro shots all taken with the superb 105 mm Micro Nikkor and the D7200. I'm not a cropper but the D7200 is looking like a cropper's delight to the extent I have indulged in really zooming in on some of these images and carving out a piece.

http://www.wolfwillow.com/Photo/10-P...200-Macro.html

This camera is proving a real delight. While there are some undeniable benefits accruing to full-frame the D7200 is giving my D800 a real "run" for it - and to think you could get 3 or 4 of them for the cost of a D800 :~

A lot for your money here.

Exposure and focus are consistently spot-on and ... the mirror and shutter are very quiet.

Best wishes,
    g.

Real Name
    Grahame

Re: D7200 Macro Shots

Garth, in all honesty I see nothing in any of those images 'as displayed' that impresses me.

I understand that these have been taken from Jpegs but with a Nikon 105 macro what I see shown would be very easily accomplished with any Nikon DSLR.

Real Name
    Terry

I’m not a Nikon shooter Garth so I have no knowledge of the model or the line. Cool you are happy with your shooter.

Either way, these shots are showing very obvious noise. Maybe acceptable,
    maybe not, but its there.

Real Name
    Larry Saideman

The images look very nice to me. As you indicated they are jpegs so the final display is not really in your complete control. I look forward to when you get your favorite software updated and can post some more. When you do, I would appreciate an unedited, uncropped original to compare to the final versions. I would expect some grain at iso 640 might be possible so in camera sharpening and cropping would enhance that. I really did not notice and was not distracted by any noise. Very pretty colors. I just shot some orchids at a Duke Farms greenhouse with my D7100/Sigma 70 combo and I think you did well.