Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tulips

Real Name
    Peter

Tulips

One of my favourite flowers. Comments welcome.

Tulips

Re: Tulips

Peter

I like the colours and texture of this, but, TBH, I think it rather 'busy'. I would have framed it as I show in yellow below. That way you capture the best of the flowers, and still retain some of the context of the shot. The flowers on the right are not as well lit, and for me, don't add much to the shot. That leaf at the bottom right corner is distracting, I find. A lot of light seems to be at the bottom of the shot. How was it lit?

Sorry to be so critical (I hate doing that)

Tulips

Real Name
    Peter

Re: Tulips

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Peter

I like the colours and texture of this, but, TBH, I think it rather 'busy'. I would have framed it as I show in yellow below. That way you capture the best of the flowers, and still retain some of the context of the shot. The flowers on the right are not as well lit, and for me, don't add much to the shot. That leaf at the bottom right corner is distracting, I find. A lot of light seems to be at the bottom of the shot. How was it lit?

Sorry to be so critical (I hate doing that)
    Rob,

I asked for criticsm so your comments are welcome. It was lit by a large north facing patio door stage left, no flash. It was standing on glass table so maybe that was where the low light came from. Like your crop by the way.

Peter
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 25th May 2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: add end quote tag