Thread: Fall Foliage-The Berkshires, Massachusetts

Real Name
    Ali

Fall Foliage-The Berkshires, Massachusetts

Fall Foliage-The Berkshires, Massachusetts

Re: Fall Foliage-The Berkshires, Massachusetts

Wow ! lovely shot...

very nice place...

how about takin d shot... when d boat is much closer to u... tht wud hv been nice..

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Sedali, a nice shot indeed, beautiful colours.

If the weather co-operated and your time and locality permitted, I'd be interested to see the exact same framed shot as a time lapse series over several days. Viewable as a slideshow to appreciate the colours changing.

In that context, any boat(s) in shot would be a distraction.
    As a one off, the boat might have been better 'on a third', rather than almost dead centre.

It would make a good 'wallpaper' shot for the PC*, although again, may be better without the boat for that.

* to clarify; that's a complement based on the composition, image quality and subject, well done
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 1st November 2008 at 02:31 AM.

Real Name
    Ali

Thanks for the comments, Rusty. May be I can do what you suggested next year. Ali

Real Name
    Chris

To my mind the colours are slightly over-the-top, the oranges in the trees,but admittedly haven't been there. While having a play, I see you can get some more out of (a) the right bank shadows using a touch of D-light (b) the stones peeping through the water in foreground and water rippling generally using a high-pass filter as in attached.

But that is fine-tuning of what is a magnificently composed and saturated shot.

While on a pic where degree of saturation is at issue, could I ask you all to say what browser you are using and if Firefox, do you have 'color management' add-on - and Sedali, I think yours is in Adobe 1998 colour space (or camera equivalent), but say if you 'reduced for web' and thus made it sRGB. To IE users this may not mean anything as I don't think it has any colour management facility. On Safari it is automatic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
    To my mind the colours are slightly over-the-top, the oranges in the trees,but admittedly haven't been there. While having a play, I see you can get some more out of (a) the right bank shadows using a touch of D-light (b) the stones peeping through the water in foreground and water rippling generally using a high-pass filter as in attached.

But that is fine-tuning of what is a magnificently composed and saturated shot.

While on a pic where degree of saturation is at issue, could I ask you all to say what browser you are using and if Firefox, do you have 'color management' add-on - and Sedali, I think yours is in Adobe 1998 colour space (or camera equivalent), but say if you 'reduced for web' and thus made it sRGB. To IE users this may not mean anything as I don't think it has any colour management facility. On Safari it is automatic.
    Now starting to like this, the colours in the original were way over the top, this is much better, an image with potential

Lincs1

Real Name
    Ali

I agree the original shot was over-saturated a bit but Crisscross's version is too pale compared to the real thing. So something in between should be right.

Sedali

another interesting landscape its composition again needs a little tweaking the faraway horizon and the empty washed out sky is actually pulling the viewers eye out of the frame, and the lovely scenery in front the lovely deep blue water,the boat,the thick colorful trees on both sides are creating an aura of mystery,interest......horizon can be easily cropped to keep the viewer eyes entangled in the mysterious surroundings,in the foreground.......very attracting landscape pic this one........beautiful colors all around