Thread: Kite Surfers

Real Name
    Graham

Kite Surfers

The kiters were complaining that it wasn't really windy enough but they did get airborne occasionally.

Follow the sun. Yes the highlights are blown out but by the time the sun got lower and softer the kiters had left.

Kite Surfers

Get out of the way...

Kite Surfers

Contortionist. It would have been better if the person just to his left hadn't been there but cloning him out would be VERY difficult without loosing all those little water droplets

Kite Surfers

Whatever you do, don't look back.

Kite Surfers
    Last edited by GBO25; 27th March 2015 at 12:07 AM.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: Kite Surfers

Great action shots, Graham...

Here is your photo without the shadowed guy...I will remove it if you object to my edit. I had since deleted your image from my desktop...
    Last edited by IzzieK; 26th March 2015 at 02:55 PM.

Real Name
    Grahame

Good set with some interesting action Greg but it's that first one with the sun on the kite that takes top prize from me.

Such a pity that kite surfers are so difficult to capture with good action from the surfer with the kite in view as well. Perhaps there should be a version with short strings just for the amusement of photographers

Real Name
    John

Nicely captured, it's a shame (although not the end of the world) when most of your shots are backlit, but with these it's the action that makes the shot.

Real Name
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Great action shots, Graham...

Here is your photo without the shadowed guy...I will remove it if you object to my edit. I had since deleted your image from my desktop
    No problem Izzie but it's not that person, it's the one under his armpit

Real Name
    John

Nice set of images Graham. Stand out for me is the first one aesthetically (love the light) and the third for a great capture. I think the background figure adds depth (sorry Izzie), but lightening the shadows on the surfer itself might be worth while. Nice shots.

Real Name
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nicely captured, it's a shame (although not the end of the world) when most of your shots are backlit, but with these it's the action that makes the shot.

Thanks John. Of course I couldn't have got the shadow in #1 any other way not to mention that to get front lit images I would have had to swim out to a small island and my 70D doesn't have a waterproof case

My goodness - stunning images.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by GBO25 View Post
    No problem Izzie but it's not that person, it's the one under his armpit
    How about this one...I'll delete the other one too...it looks awful...

Kite Surfers

Real Name
    Binnur

Nice shots Graham, I especially like #1

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

MOD Notice

Don't know if anyone is seeing a potentially offensive image in this thread. It looks like we may have the same problem has we had a while back whereby some people were seeing a different image in a post to that posted by the CiC member.

We never did get to the bottom of that problem other than to confirm that it was nothing wrong at the CiC end but at the image hosting site.

I'm not seeing anything untoward as I write this, but others may be. The last time I was seeing odd images and others were not.
    Last edited by Donald; 26th March 2015 at 08:31 PM.

Real Name
    Graham

Re: MOD Notice

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Don't know if anyone is seeing a potentially offensive image in this thread. It looks like we may have the same problem has we had a while back whereby some people were seeing a different image in a post to that posted by the CiC member.

We never did get to the bottom of that problem other than to confirm that it was nothing wrong at the CiC end but at the image hosting site.

I'm not seeing anything untoward as I write this, but others may be. The last time I was seeing odd images and others were not.
    I can see it Donald and my concern is that other members will think I posted it but I did not and would never post anything like that.
    Fortunately because it's my thread I have been able to delete it.

Please anyone who also saw it please be advised I had NOTHING to do with it's appearance.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by GBO25 View Post
    Please anyone who also saw it please be advised I had NOTHING to do with it's appearance.
    That's well understood, Graham. It's a problem with the image hosting site. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about it except wait until they get it sorted out.

Real Name
    Richard

I would be interested in learning if you used a lens hood when shooting these images. They look a bit flat, possibly due to lens flare.

Real Name
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I would be interested in learning if you used a lens hood when shooting these images. They look a bit flat, possibly due to lens flare.
    Definitely had a lens hood on for the last three shots taken with a Tammy 150-600. The first image (which was accidentally deleted when I removed the shot that someone else had put up) did not have a hood and was shot with a 15-85 lens.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    How about this one...I'll delete the other one too...it looks awful...

Kite Surfers
    Not bad Izzie but there is a bit pf repeated pattern in the water droplets and part of his harness and the side of the board have become blurred and haloed.