Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Landscapes

Real Name
    David Duffy

Re: How to upload from Flickr

Just going back to this great pic for a moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Vandenberg View Post

Landscapes
    This is so perfect it makes me smile with pleasure! Of course the sharpness is the 'point' (sorry...!) Anyone can stick a prime lens on their camera and snap away, but this is using the shallow dof really creatively. Sharp horns, sharp ears, sharp eyes staring right at us, and the animal is taking a step towards us right out of the picture thanks to that shallow dof... You're a natural photographer Vandenberg, you can't have had more than a fraction of a 'decisive moment' to see the possibility and make it happen.

cheers, David

Real Name
    Edwin

Re: House on the Hill

That's the way fellas, share the love!

Re: Local outrigger boats at Tagbilaran Bay in Bohol, Philippines

nice composition and colours
    Hi Van...

Many thanks for the appreciation.

prince v.

Re: How to upload from Flickr

you better run dude
    that's what i did

Landscapes
    luv this photo very much

Re: lazy Sunday

Landscapes
    great composition+dof

Re: House on the Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Harvey View Post
    That's the way fellas, share the love!
    Yeah, and I love their sense of humour but they completely "got me" right at the end, there. I have to say that I've been belly laughing right out loud for two days, now. Now, my family knows that I'm nuts!

Real Name
    Dr Nasseem Michael Malouf

Sunrise

C&C Please

Landscapes

Real Name
    António Correia

Re: Sunrise

Quote Originally Posted by maloufn View Post
    C&C Please

Landscapes
    It is not an easy image to comment Nasseem...
    Thank you for posting here to begin with.
    What stroke me at once when I looked at this photo for the first time a few hours ago, was the canvas and the fact that the photo is "on the air", above the canvas. I myself have passed this way. I had for a moment my photos kind of floating but I quickly gave up because I didn't like it any more. It's just me. I change my opinions sometimes. But OK you do have decided that your photos should be floating somehow its is in fact a way to present them. No arguments about that I think.
    However, regarding the canvas I am much more critical. Sorry Nasseem ! The canvas has here a weight too important regarding the size and the proportions of the picture itself. Moreover it is heavier on top and bottom enhancing the vertical feeling. I am afraid this is not the best solution for the canvas.
    Of course, after my opinion, someone will come and say it is magnificent, gorgeous and alike.

Let's now jump to the photo itself.
    It has some fantastic red/rose tones. Those tones in the sky are particularly beautiful. I mean in the upper area.
    However, I wonder why have you used a flash for the foreground and kept the foot spets in the frame. Now, this reminds me of the other day when I said something similar and another person found the foot steps to be interesting. OK Just opinions.

To shoot sunsets is a stereotype which is profusely used by many photographers.
    Under my point of view, they are a bore. Oh ! Sacrilege ! Now that the Pope himself comes at 600 kms away from me, in Madrid, I could not forget the religious aspect the word sacrilege involves. ( I am also thinking that not some months ago he - his Eminence that's how they call him isn't it ? - received Mugabe !!! but this is something beyond this forum )
    Sunsets are very nice and I have done some myself but I got tired of them. It is always the same "thing": a nice landscape with a setting Sun.

This sunset of mines was shot back in 2006 and worked somewhere some time ago. I am now - at this very moment - thinking to work on this very image to see what I can get from it. I'll do that when I have a moment. I was already shooting raw...

Landscapes

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    It is not an easy image to comment Nasseem...
    Thank you for posting here to begin with.
    What stroke me at once when I looked at this photo for the first time a few hours ago, was the canvas and the fact that the photo is "on the air", above the canvas. I myself have passed this way. I had for a moment my photos kind of floating but I quickly gave up because I didn't like it any more. It's just me. I change my opinions sometimes. But OK you do have decided that your photos should be floating somehow its is in fact a way to present them. No arguments about that I think.
    However, regarding the canvas I am much more critical. Sorry Nasseem ! The canvas has here a weight too important regarding the size and the proportions of the picture itself. Moreover it is heavier on top and bottom enhancing the vertical feeling. I am afraid this is not the best solution for the canvas.
    Of course, after my opinion, someone will come and say it is magnificent, gorgeous and alike.

Let's now jump to the photo itself.
    It has some fantastic red/rose tones. Those tones in the sky are particularly beautiful. I mean in the upper area.
    However, I wonder why have you used a flash for the foreground and kept the foot spets in the frame. Now, this reminds me of the other day when I said something similar and another person found the foot steps to be interesting. OK Just opinions.

To shoot sunsets is a stereotype which is profusely used by many photographers.
    Under my point of view, they are a bore. Oh ! Sacrilege ! Now that the Pope himself comes at 600 kms away from me, in Madrid, I could not forget the religious aspect the word sacrilege involves. ( I am also thinking that not some months ago he - his Eminence that's how they call him isn't it ? - received Mugabe !!! but this is something beyond this forum )
    Sunsets are very nice and I have done some myself but I got tired of them. It is always the same "thing": a nice landscape with a setting Sun.

This sunset of mines was shot back in 2006 and worked somewhere some time ago. I am now - at this very moment - thinking to work on this very image to see what I can get from it. I'll do that when I have a moment. I was already shooting raw...

Landscapes
    THanks Antonio. I have applied some of your suggestions. I wonder which one looks better? I would love to see your sunrise worked on.

Landscapes

Real Name
    António Correia

Sunset

No time to comments now. Later OK ?

Landscapes

Real Name
    George Montgomery

Re: Landscapes

I hope this is not a faux pas. I posted this in the main Nature & Architecture thread, but didn't attract much in the way of commentary. I'm reposting here, hoping to get some critique. I used a polarizing filter, which is normally a good thing, but in this case I'm not sure. I'm also wondering if the view is too "tight", so to speak. The reddish cast to the snow is a result of the erosion of the lava rock. I realize the source of the cast, but it bothers me.

Landscapes
    Mt Rainier by gmontjr, on Flickr

Real Name
    António Correia

Landscapes

Again with no time. I will comment on your picture George
    I will be happy to do so
    Let's wait for the evening ...

Real Name
    Edwin

Dawn @ Stoney Creek.

I haven't posted here for some time, so I hope you all like this one I dug out of the archives?

Landscapes

Real Name
    António Correia

THanks Antonio. I have applied some of your suggestions. I wonder which one looks better? I would love to see your sunrise worked on.
    Landscapes
    Thank you Nasseem for your work. Huummm well done, well done
    I couldn't do that cloning work so well
    However I can see a large vertical area where the foot steps were... You could have recovered some light in the rock in the foreground. I mean, if you have it in your original file.
    As you can now see I have worked on my old file, the sunset. I am working better now than some years ago with CS. It is just a "post card"
    I had no details on the trees.
    The sunset was very much what we see here. It was shot in October 2006 ! Time passes quickly.

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by georgem View Post
    Landscapes

Thank you for posting here George
    Indeed your picture seems a bit tight. It misses area around. You had the tree on your right and you din't use it for the composition to enhance the depth of the scene. Next time.

In this particular case it doesn't look that the polarizing did a good work. It has darkened the sky too much but perhaps it may have cleared some reflections.
    Perhaps you can work on the blue of the sky to make it lighter... It is too dark isn't it ?

The reddish cast is rather strange indeed. It is a kind of stripe all over the horizontal. Is it really like this ? Isn't it because of the use of the CPF ?
    Have you tried to shoot with and without the CPF just to check if the cast is caused by it ?

I hope my small critic was useful to you. I hope so.

Real Name
    António Correia

Re: Dawn @ Stoney Creek.

Landscapes
    Simple, effective and nice image/sunset.
    Thank you Edwin

Real Name
    John

Castles in the Sky

This image was taken in the evening across Rivington Reservoir near Horwich in Lancashire, England. A Canon 550D fitted with an FD/EOS Adapter and a Canon FD 24mm f2.8 S.S.C. was used. A Manual Lens on a Digital Camera. I enjoy photography greatly but in particular using these older lenses with the convenience of the Digital format. My wife bought me the camera in Sept/Oct 2010. Although I've used my camera a great deal in the order of things I am a novice. Trial and error and reading is my source of instruction. Any comment advice critique will be appreciated. I'm here to learn. Let me down gently chaps. (The photo appears a little wider in its original form).
    Landscapes

Real Name
    Joey

C&C Please

Landscapes
    awesome......

Real Name
    George Montgomery

Antonio -
    Thanks for your comments. Yes, the shot is much too tight. I took lots of pictures, so I'll look for better views.
    As I understood it, you adjust the CPF for the darkest appearance in the viewfinder. The lighting was very harsh that day.
    At this time of year, there has been much melting of the snow and glaciers on the mountain. Rainier is actually a volcano, and the snow is "dirty" from erosion of the old lava beds. I'm wondering if the filter emphasized the redness, because I recall the snow as having a more grayish cast.
    Oddly, though I couldn't hike very far on the various nature tails because they were still snow-covered and I didn't have the right footwear.

Real Name

Re: Dawn @ Stoney Creek.

I haven't posted here for some time, so I hope you all like this one I dug out of the archives?

Landscapes
    Edwin that is a beautiful tranquil composition with beautiful colours.

Nasseem .

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast