Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Leica V-LUX 20

Leica V-LUX 20

Just bought/ordered the new Leica V-LUX 20. Am waiting for it to arrive. Have seen some great pics taken with it online but not many are available yet.

Re: Leica V-LUX 20

Just saw yr message (I am a member since October 2015). Still a few comments on the Leica V Lux 20. I bought it in june 2011, the day before we left for a trip thru Tuscany. Amazing camera: I tried it while driving, in the Alps, from the hotelroom in Genua, indoors, landscapes, portraits, insects, churches. The camera fitted in my pocket or attached to my belt in its leater bag. The zoom was great, sharpness by day excellent. Weak points: low light photos.
    My wife who rarely takes photographs successfully reported a marriage ceremony. It is a P&S but for my needs (portraits, landscapes, leisure time, street photo) a great handy camera.
    Chris

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Chris welcome to CiC. This question was posted over five years ago.

Quite correct, Manfred, but I guess the camera didn't change much unless Volkswagen fitted the software.
    Chris

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Quite correct, Manfred, but I guess the camera didn't change much unless Volkswagen fitted the software.
    Chris
    True, but that was also the last time that member who asked the question visited this site.

It's just a head's up that one should look at the dates of the thread content when posting. Fresh threads tend to be visited and stale ones generally are of limited use as the information in digital photography goes out of date quite quickly.

Real Name
    J stands for John

Is it not a 'red badged' TS5 from Panasonic which is about a quarter of the price?

I buy Panasonic because of the Leica tie-up with optics but do not bother about the red badge versions

Real Name
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by jcuknz View Post
    Is it not a 'red badged' TS5 from Panasonic which is about a quarter of the price?

I buy Panasonic because of the Leica tie-up with optics but do not bother about the red badge versions
    It is just a Panasonic with a nice badge - some of the Leica options hold their value better than the Panasonic badged cameras so you can (kind of) justify the extra cost but I'd be surprised if this did as the super-zoom market is very fast paced and the cameras are outdated very quickly. On the higher end models that can shoot raw Leica supply a fully licensed Lightroom which makes up some of the difference in cost and the JPEG engine is tweaked to give a less exaggerated look to the images.

But really you're just paying for a badge and a nice box.