Thread: A day at Barbara's.

A day at Barbara's.

These photos are some of my most treasured and also the day the photography bug really sunk his teeth into me. Meet my girls, our old jeep and one of the most beautiful east Texas ranches I've ever experienced. The ranch belonged to a dear friend named Barbara, who passed on shortly after these photos where taken. The girls are grown now and the ranch is sold, but God how I appreciate this day that I had with them all.

Some of my first photos that I took with the companies Nikon d80 and no telling what lens. I'm so thankful I brought it with us.

The girls driving the old jeep. The speedometer is broken and works when it wants. I'm not sure where the focus is and the photos are all a bit soft. Keep in mind I was bouncing around in the high seat in the back of our old jeep.

A day at Barbara's.

The fish weren't biting so my youngest gave up early.

A day at Barbara's.

My youngest and most hard headed of the two.

A day at Barbara's.

Real Name
    Dan

Re: A day at Barbara's.

These are awesome. No doubt to be treasured forever. By you now. By them as they get older.

Real Name
    Griddi

Very nice images for you to remember always.......

Griddi.....

Real Name
    Greg

Lucky is the man who has daughters.

Real Name
    Binnur

Those are very nice photos Dave. I don't care about the softness at all . #2 is a piece of art for me. Very nice composition: Your daughters stand like repeating patterns,the wooden pear with patterns and reflection look very nice. The car ,your daughters and the pier are connected to each other with the reflection of the pier , but the composition doesn't look crowded at all. The fishing stick and the front part of the car provide some balance with the rest of the scene.Softness of the pier and the fishing stick give a 'bygone' look to the scene. I loved it!

PS. I forgot to say that B&W suits the image and helps to 'bygone' look. I don't think the color version would look so good and have the same impact.
    Last edited by bnnrcn; 27th February 2015 at 08:57 AM.

Real Name
    John

Nicely done.

Real Name
    mark

Nice images and memories. Dave.

Real Name
    Dean

Wonderful photos to have in years to come. I agree the black and white fits the mood.