Robin

Re: D7200 !!!!!!!!

Its not out yet?

Real Name
    Mark

Are you actually a Nikon owner?

http://www.nikon.com/index.htm
    And your point is? as usual totally irrelevant. yes i am a nikon ownner to the value of about 15K at last count, are you saying that just because someone dosnt own a product they cant have an opinion....

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Its not out yet?
    Please reply with quote so we know who you are responding to

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

Quote Originally Posted by Mark von Kanel View Post
    And your point is? as usual totally irrelevant. yes i am a nikon ownner to the value of about 15K at last count, are you saying that just because someone dosnt own a product they cant have an opinion....
    I could say Ford are rubbish cars, never owned one so what do I base my comments on

Real Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by JR1 View Post
    I could say Ford are rubbish cars, never owned one so what do I base my comments on
    The internet of course... BUT:

Sorry Mike but Robin is bang on, Nikon maybe making a profit but they are still loosing money hand over fist by not giving users what they want. Just like Dan i have room for one new body and like lots of others i want a pro dx body with inovation contained within... Like Robin says they are offering aged tech in a new container it bullS**T.

Ill just stick with what ive got and buy a cheap secondhand D7000, (which i never should have sold) dont need the extra pixels and i can get wifi with a £30 portable mini router

Sorry Nikon but for someone who just makes cameras.... time to up your game.
    y post is mainly general about a business can make money but could make more by giving customers what they want, and that applies to ford as well, my post also makes it quite clear that im a Nikon owner, I find it extreamly annoying when people post irrelevant comments about other peopls comments having not taken the time to read them properly.

Opinions should be based on fact or knowledge and of course experience this all aids to making the opinion a solid point for discussion.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

And your point is?
    You directed that to Andre. My assumption all along has been that Andre provided the link to access a particular web page because he wanted to indicate to you that you were incorrect when you posted that Nikon only makes cameras. You are correct in my mind that his question in the same post asking if you are actually a Nikon owner is totally irrelevant.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by ajohnw View Post
    I did suggest you looked at an Olympus Manfred.
    I did look at Olympus quite carefully, John. The Olympus / Panasonic comparison is very similar to the Canon / Nikon one; people tend to prefer one brand over the other. In the end, I simply found that I preferred the Panasonic over the Olympus, just as you have gone the other way.

The issues I pointed out are more related to the technology and size of the camera bodies, rather than specific issues related to one brand or the other. There is also the issue of the target market; both Olympus and Panasonic are definitely targeted at the amateur market, so their features are laid out for that audience. Other I had are are related to my particular shooting style.

Real Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    You directed that to Andre. My assumption all along has been that Andre provided the link to access a particular web page because he wanted to indicate to you that you were incorrect when you posted that Nikon only makes cameras. You are correct in my mind that his question in the same post asking if you are actually a Nikon owner is totally irrelevant.
    My mistake i should have said predominantly makes cameres then after all it only reflects 2/3rds of their income so why bother trying to please those customers at all? Yourself and Andre can nit pick all you like. Nikons camera revenue and projections are falling and its not helped by thier ignoring their users and giving exteamly poor after sals service and terrible quality control, or are you going to deny that there have been no problems with the launch of their D800, D600,D750 models?

Real Name
    Dan

...i should have said predominantly makes cameres then after all it only reflects 2/3rds of their income...
    I recently saw a statistic that surprised me. Without actually confusing myself by looking for data, I'd always assumed that pre-digital, Nikon sold a lot more lenses than cameras. That assumption was based on the fact that camera technology wasn't changing and updates weren't as frequent. However, the second hand report I'm referring to indicated that Nikon sells, on average, 1.5 lenses per DSLR body and that number is about spot on with the lens/camera ratio in film days.

So how did an OP about an exciting new product announcement digress this far? We must all be having a boring winter weekend. As a matter of fact, the southern hemisphere chaps seem to have better things to do...

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Folks - I think it's time to close down this thread.

The postings have started to become heated and emotional. Let's try to cool things down a bit, please.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123